Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here- Creditor address question

Hi,

My DH and I are in the process of completing the paperwork to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. We are using a lawyer to help us. All he needs now is a listing of our creditors with addresses, balances and so on.

Now I know that they don't want the payment address but on the back of several of my credit card statements there are addresses for both a "billing inquiry" and "a credit reporting inquiry". Does it matter which one we use? Or should I just call all my creditors and ask them for the address to use?

Thanks!
    Erin
    Filed CH 7...12/27/2007
    341.............2/5/2008
    60 days.......4/5/2008
    Discharged...5/12/2008 Closed.........6/4/2008

You can call, many have automated systems that give out the payment address. You can check out their websites also.

Comment

When in doubt, use both!

Comment

I listed the payment address on my BK, most courts nowadays looks like they have access to emailing the creditor if its a familiar creditor. ALL my creditors were emailed, AND I didn't even know their emails. So the trustee/assistants/clerk has access somehow to that information, PLUS I think they pull a credit history just to compare? (credit history is a wild guess - I wouldn't be surprised if the lawyer pulled one, because I know my lawyer did!)

Catchmeifyoucan
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X