Do you still receive bills in the mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you still receive bills in the mail?

Hello folks, thanks for all of your help. I filed for chapter 7 a month ago and for the past 3 weeks or so, I have not received a single credit card or loan statement in the mail. I had about 17 creditors and not a single one sends me bills any longer. I heard that lots of creditors will cease sending you bills and statements but, all of them? Thanks for your great and fantastic help.

The system would hope that ALL creditors would cease. It's not too common that creditors will send letters or statements. When this happens, it's usually just a clerical error and is sometimes quickly resolved.

But anyways, be glad you don't have to do any extra work or make dozens of phones calls trying to get it straightened out.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

During the "automatc stay" creditors who you included in your filing can NOT communicate with you. Either by phone or mail.

Comment

I tried to check the status of some accounts online yesterday just for curiosity's sake. They have already wiped out my accounts online. So, I guess I won't be getting anymore bills.
        Filed November 2 2007
        341 Meeting January 4 2008
        DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

Isn't it wonderful?

Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
          341 Meeting July 19, 2007
          Discharged September 17, 2007
          Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia View Post
            Isn't it wonderful?

Yes. I was actually laughing. Citibank (was a zero balance and dormant for couple years), still has me with a $15k limit. They are in conjunction with Sears (account wiped but was another with a $15k limit). They aftected my Gordon's card (zero in Oct before filing) from $5,5k to $500. Fine with me, not like I wanted anything anyway. Shocked they didn't close that. Though I only filed on the 2nd of this month, guess they are doing stuff early?
            Filed November 2 2007
            341 Meeting January 4 2008
            DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

haven't got a bill since i filed in june and don't plan on another one for awhile.....good luck
              case filed : 6 -5-2007 :blush2:
              DISCHARGED ...9-26-2007..:yahoo::yahoo:
              case closed : 11-13-2007 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Hello folks, thanks for all of your help. I filed for chapter 7 a month ago and for the past 3 weeks or so, I have not received a single credit card or loan statement in the mail. I had about 17 creditors and not a single one sends me bills any longer. I heard that lots of creditors will cease sending you bills and statements but, all of them? Thanks for your great and fantastic help.

Ohhhh yeahhhh

But new creditors will be jamming up your mailbox, if they haven't already.

Best of Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
                July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
                Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
                Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
                Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X