is my bk court crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is my bk court crazy?

My bk court wants An original and three copies of all chapter 7 petitions shall be filed with the Court. That like 100million pieces of paper ... does anyone know where I can copy for free? Kinkos charge 0.8 per copy .. that like over 100 dollar for copies
    *Filed Chp 7 bk 11/13/07 PRO SE :yahoo::yahoo:[x]
    *Last day to Objection 02/19/2008 :yahoo: [x]
    *DISCHARGED 2/25/08!!:cry::yahoo: CLOSED 2/29/08
    TransUnion 538 Experian 519 Equifax 531

How About Where You Work Or A Friend Or Relative Who Has Access To A Copy Machine AT THEIR JOB !
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
      How About Where You Work Or A Friend Or Relative Who Has Access To A Copy Machine AT THEIR JOB !
      Good idea but just just moved to VA hubby's military and doesnt have access to copier... i just counted my papers 87 that would be x4 348 pages... I think they have loss their mind .. I wonder about public library or on the military base

Comment

I filed pro se in Eastern district of Michigan. On their website it stated they wanted the original plus 3 copies which I had my husband copy at work but when I got there they only wanted the original and 1 copy which they stamped and gave back to me so the other copies weren't needed. I also didn't hole punch any of the copies but brought a hole puncher with me just in case. It turned out they didn't need to be punched.

You should call the clerk of your district directly and ask them.

I had a question about the mailing matrix and called the clerk in my district and she was very helpful.

Good Luck
        Filed Ch 7 pro se - 10/03/07
        341 Meeting - 11/20/07 (No Distribution)
        Discharged & Closed - 01/22/08 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by aachudneymiles View Post
          Good idea but just just moved to VA hubby's military and doesnt have access to copier... i just counted my papers 87 that would be x4 348 pages... I think they have loss their mind .. I wonder about public library or on the military base
          Go to the post library. Here, they tell you they only want no more than 25 copies, but if you bring your own paper, no one says anything.
          Filed CH7 - 10/13/05;
          341 Meetings: 11/28/05, 3/20/06, 12/4/07 (3d time's a charm!)
          Converted: 2/15/06 (to CH13), 10/15/07 (Back to CH7)
          DISCHARGED: 2/15/08

Comment

Originally posted by newimges View Post
            I filed pro se in Eastern district of Michigan. On their website it stated they wanted the original plus 3 copies which I had my husband copy at work but when I got there they only wanted the original and 1 copy which they stamped and gave back to me so the other copies weren't needed. I also didn't hole punch any of the copies but brought a hole puncher with me just in case. It turned out they didn't need to be punched.

I had a question about the mailing matrix and called the clerk in my district and she was very helpful.

Good Luck
            I was thinking that wasnt true because on the checklist it says 3 are not needed anymore but been calling all morning they dont answer the phones... THNXX

Comment

Originally posted by coma View Post
              Go to the post library. Here, they tell you they only want no more than 25 copies, but if you bring your own paper, no one says anything.
              Thnx coma .. going as soon as clerk answer that phone

Comment

ok called and they need one .. They really need to up date their website. Well 2 if i need one for myself which I do. OK guys pray for me I am off to file.

Comment

ok called and they need one .. They really need to up date their website. Well 2 if i need one for myself which I do. OK guys pray for me I am off to file.
                  You got it! I'm thinking of you, chica!
                  Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
                  Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
                  Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
                  11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

yeah, the 1+3 rule dates from before electroncially filing. Anymore, nearly all districts only require 1+1 for non-e-filed petitions. Because all the clerk does with the original is scan it into the database and give 1 copy back to you that is filed stamped as proof that you filed.

In fact, I am not even sure you need to a "full" 2nd copy. All you need is to get the first page of the petition file stamped. (but, better safe than sorry...so show-up with the original and 1 full copy).

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                      yeah, the 1+3 rule dates from before electroncially filing. Anymore, nearly all districts only require 1+1 for non-e-filed petitions. Because all the clerk does with the original is scan it into the database and give 1 copy back to you that is filed stamped as proof that you filed.

In fact, I am not even sure you need to a "full" 2nd copy. All you need is to get the first page of the petition file stamped. (but, better safe than sorry...so show-up with the original and 1 full copy).

yeah i was think they are not going to stamp all thoses pages it would take allll day... well I got copies free from military base.. now the court wants me to go there and enter my creditor list manually in their computer to put on floppy 86 creditors .. ..., Excuse me but who the hell uses floppy.. I have 2 computer and neither take it..maddness

Comment

Originally posted by chpxiii View Post
                        You got it! I'm thinking of you, chica!
                        Thnx Thnx I need it

Comment

Originally posted by newimges View Post

Good Luck
                          ME TOO! I filed in eastern district of MI and the same thing happened to me. I spent $30 making copies of everything just to be told they weren't necessary.
                          Sarah H Owosso, MI
                          WE DID IT!! PRO SE
                          Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
                          DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I had to print the list and send it back in, I had taken a disc and they didn't want that. They needed it printed.
                            Sarah H Owosso, MI
                            WE DID IT!! PRO SE
                            Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
                            DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Thnx Thnx I need it
                              I'm just said a prayer for you!
                              Kari
                              10/12/2007 Filed Chapter 711/08/2007 341 Meeting 01/07/2008 Last Day for Objections
                              http://www.bankruptisnormal.com/

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X