Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer - What does this mean?

This was listed on my bankruptcy record today when I looked it up on Pacer

10/24/2007 10 U.S. Trustee`s Selection of Case for Audit . (Wharton3 (lmg), Charles) (Entered: 10/24/2007)

What does this mean??
    October 15, 2007 - Filed Chapter 7 :blink:
    November 27, 2007 - 341 Meeting at 10am :clapping:
    January 28, 2008 - Last Day for Objections :yahoo:
    February 6, 2008 - DISCHARGED!!!! :yahoo: :clapping:

Welcome to the wonderful world of random case audit. Looks like you are are one of the lucky 1 out of 250 cases that will be audited by the US Trustee's office. I hope you have your documentation in order.

Comment

What are you kidding me?

What are they looking for?

Will it be done before the 341 or will they do it after the 341?

Has anyone else on here had to go thru this before? How bad is this? Ok as if I wasn't freaked out enough about all of this.
      Last edited by freshstart32; 10-24-2007, 12:44 PM.

Comment

They're not looking for anything in particular. You just happened to be the "Lucky 1 in 250" to get pulled for Audit.

Part of New Law was the Audits. 1 in every 250 cases filed gets pinged for Audit. It's a "safety" as it were, of the BK process itself. Not necessarily you as a Debtor/Filer.

In addition to everything you provided to your attny,.......... You might be asked to provide 6 months of bank statements and/or 6 months of CC statements. If you sold property, they may want copies of the Bill of Sale or Closing Documents on the sale of a house. If you closed a bank acct, you might have to provide the last month of 2 of bank statements on that acct. Things like that to substantiate your BK Filing.

Then again, after review of your case file, the UST's Office may feel everything is in order. You might not have to provide any additional documents or information.

You just really have to wait and see what the UST's Office decides.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

That little tid bit must have slipped by my eyes, because I have never heard of an audit by the US Trustee,s office. Now where do we find information on this subject?

Comment

I am so sorry to hear you are to be audited, there have been a few people on this board that were audited, just do a search. Just get all your things in order, this may be a long ride but what ever happens do not give up because the audits can be hard most people that provide the docs and fought for their case usually win in the end but it can be a rocky road that you may want to just get off, please just stay on.

I can really feel your pain.... Good luck, remember we are all here for you, you are going to need us.
            Success is reachable, stretch out your arm and grab it.

Comment

When did you file for Bankruptcy?

Do you normally see this type of US trustee audit noted on your pacer account before your 341?

Thanks for all of your help.

Comment

Oh freshstart, I'm so sorry.......but it probably won't be bad at all. Good luck to you!
                Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
                341 Meeting July 19, 2007
                Discharged September 17, 2007
                Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

From what I have read on a BK atty's blog, its standard for the audit to be selected after filing/prior to the 341.
                  This is from the bankruptcy law network blog:

Also if this makes you feel better, there is another article about how audits aren't increasing "abuse" in the system.
                  It sounds like the atty that contributed this article has opinions about the new laws, and not positive

Just make sure you have all your records ready to go, it will be fine, I am sorry you have to deal with this.
                  "Did you ever feel like your guardian angel went out for a smoke?"
                  Filed 9/4/07
                  341 10/11/07 Concluded no asset 10/17/07
                  Final Date for objections 12/10/07

Comment

Great.........not looking forward to this at all!

The whole part about needing like 6 months worth of stuff....we started this whole process back in June of this year and we went all the way back to Jan. 2007 with pay advice summaries from our employers broken down by paycheck and in months and then they had at least the 3 months prior to June check stubs and all of our stubs since then. Or the attorney was given all of that stuff which I would have thought would have been included in our file.

I just hope that they take a look at it and don't need much more if anything at all.

Please keep your fingers crossed!!!!! I will let you know what happens!!!!

Comment

That just totally sucks, I feel for you FRESH .. I hope you get through this, just have everything they request and it should go by with a blink of the eye (we hope)

Best of Luck, CMIYC
                      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
                      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
                      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
                      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I was audited - actually my case was examined for presumption of abuse. My situation was unusual in some ways, so that's probably why it was flagged.

An audit is tedious, but not scary if you have been up front on your petition, and have a good file of your financial records.

In my case, they asked for five years of tax returns, two years of bank statements, six additional months of pay stubs, and copies of any financial or property agreements.

This was about a ream of extra paperwork for me, and almost two B&W printer ink cartridges - oh, and some extra sweat. But truly, it was worth it.

In the end, my financial picture was just as I had described it, no funny business - so I was discharged right on time, one day before four months.

Do your homework, provide them with the extra material, and things will probably be just fine.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X