New Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Job

I just started a new job so I will finally be able to pay my attorney so my chapter 7 papers can be filed.Will my new income affect me being able to file a chapter 7.I will be filing within a month or 2 of my new job.
    Filed Ch 7 Petition: 03/24/09
    341 Meeting: 04/29/09
    Discharge Due: 06/29/09
    07/01/2009 Discharged

Depends what your disposable income is/will be. They ususally take a "snapshot," of your income from the previous 6 months just before you filed !
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

The New BK Law looks at your previous 6 months of income, BUT, the New Law was also written to be forward looking.

How does the income from your new job compare to the Median in your area??

Have you discussed your new position with your attny?? Your attny may see potential problems or tell you you're good to go.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X