Discharged!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!!

We were discharged last Thursday. Ours is an asset case, so it will take some time to close, but we now have one less thing to worry about.
    Filed: 12/08/2006
    Discharged: 03/22/2007
    Closed: 01/30/2008

Congrats..
    3/30/07 Petition signed
    5/21/07 341 Meeting
    7/20/07 Last day for Objections
    7/25/07 DISCHARGED 7/30/07 CLOSED

Comment

Congrats
      Filed: 10/26/2006
      Discharged: 03/05/2007
      Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

Discharged FEELS GOOD ! Im waiting for closing to after the trustee filed some kind of asset report .. even though the lawyer and I both know I don't have assets .. so waiting for THAT Day ! Congrats BTW !

CMIYC
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Congrats, CC!!

Just remember,............. Closing is an Admin thaing. Discharged is THE most important part!!
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Discharged 03/26/07

Hello,

I was just discharged yesterday, and I should feel excited, because I've waited so long for this moment, but excitement is not there, rather relief.

But anyway, what should I expect to happen on my Day of Discharge. I've looked all over the Internet, and there isn't one site or page that says, "On YOUR DAY OF DISCHARGE...". I called my lawyers office, and the clerk said that letters get sent from the court to my creditors saying that my debts are discharged.

But what does that really mean? What do I do now? How long do I wait to use my bank again, for fear they may take the money I deposit and use it for loans I had included in bankruptcy? How long will my mortgage company take to permit me to get access to their website so I can look at my mortgage information? When will I be normal again? It doesn't happen on the day of discharge!

----------
            Brroke

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X