Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice of No Asset

On Pacer:

Notice of No Asset, entered by trustee. Status : Awaiting Discharge.

Just counting towards April Fool's day... about 6 more weeks to open a new chapter...

Question: Does that mean the creditors will be mailed a notice of No Asset?

LUCKY YOU ! The creditor will probably be mailed a Notice of No Asset, I THINK ! I got my Discharge papers, but I had an Asset Notice, and creditors had to resubmit their claims (I DONT KNOW WHY!). My lawyer said NOT to worry, so I'm not worried, as I KNOW I HAVE NOT ASSETS, definitely no TAX REFUND either.

Best Wishes, Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

CMYC.......

Creditors are notified to submit a claim only when there are assets, otherwise all they can do is submit an objection.....

Yours said "Asset Notice"??????? Your attorney needs to find out what this is and quick....... he needs to make a call to the Trustee!!!

You said you had no refund - so Trustee must be looking at something else - auto, property, money somewhere????

I'd sure be finding out what it's about......

When a attorney says "don't worry" - you better look into it!!!

Minny
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Yeah I was wondering how the trustee can send out notice to instruct creditors to submit proof, IF the trustee doesn't already have identified the asset available for distribution. It is like putting the cart in front of the horse...

Best of luck to you, CMIYC. Hope it is just a much ado about nothing. It could be that the trustee just made a mistake about your exempted asset.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X