discharged, but no letter yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

discharged, but no letter yet?

My case was discharged on 11/28 but has not yet closed. I was under the impression that once you recieved the discharge, you would get a letter from the courts saying so. I have not recieved the letter and my case is still open. I haven't yet called the trustee, would that be appropriate? I haven't heard anything from my lawyer either..good or bad.

After checking PACER, the discharge letter is posted and they have our old address listed.. We moved during the bk..
    Last edited by Brendon; 12-28-2006, 06:36 PM. Reason: checked Pacer.
    Filed 8/25/06, Discharged 11/28/06, CASE CLOSED 11/14/2007!

Originally posted by Brendon View Post
    My case was discharged on 11/28 but has not yet closed. I was under the impression that once you recieved the discharge, you would get a letter from the courts saying so. I have not recieved the letter and my case is still open. I haven't yet called the trustee, would that be appropriate? I haven't heard anything from my lawyer either..good or bad.

After checking PACER, the discharge letter is posted and they have our old address listed.. We moved during the bk..
    Start by contacting your lawyer to see what he/she can find out. If your lawyer is unresponsive, then you can call the bankruptcy court yourself and speak to the clerk. Be very polite and to the point. Often this is all it takes to get things moving again. Also be sure to tell the clerk about your change of address. Keep us posted on what happens and good luck to you!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Read this thread first, then come back and post a clarification if the thread does not answer your questions

Last edited by HHM; 12-28-2006, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Can't you print out a copy of the Discharge letter from Pacer?

Catchmeifyoucan

CONGRADULATIONS !
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Yes! You can! I knew about my discharge a full two weeks before my attorney notified me - I printed off the discharge and then about 3 weeks later got a copy from my attorney - not from the court.

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
          Can't you print out a copy of the Discharge letter from Pacer?

Catchmeifyoucan

CONGRADULATIONS !

Comment

Thanks HHM and I have read that thread before. My original concern was not being notified of the discharge, not necessarily the case not being closed (only because I've read that thread previously, however)

I will call my attorney to make sure the address is corrected...Thanks again
            Filed 8/25/06, Discharged 11/28/06, CASE CLOSED 11/14/2007!

Comment

Have you moved since filing?

Usually the court sends out the Order of Discharge in the mail to you. In any event, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just print off the discharge order from PACER (it's only about 1 or 2 pages).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X