Closed with Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closed with Discharge

I just found out that my bankruptcy was closed without discharge because I didn't finish the financial management class. Can I refile or am I screwed?

Need some clarity here. Was your case dismissed?
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Re-file

I think you can re-file, but you have to wait like 2 months, ask a lawyer for sure, depending on what you filed 7? 13? and be prepared to pay more money!

Good Luck, I'm sorry to hear that! My Bk included a class the day of the 341 meeting, but I guess each state/district varies.

Best Wishes, Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by aleemk34 View Post
        I just found out that my bankruptcy was closed without discharge because I didn't finish the financial management class. Can I refile or am I screwed?
        Was your case dismissed with prejudice or without prejudice?
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by aleemk34 View Post
          You need to take the course, reopen the case, and request a discharge. Whether there is a reopening fee depends on your jurisdiction.
          Last edited by HRx; 10-05-2006, 07:35 PM.

Comment

No my case wasn't discharged. The letter said it "the debtors listed have been notified.....case is being closed without discharge." I'm going to call and see what information I can get about opening it up again. My biggest worry was that I couldn't reopen it.

Comment

Did you file pro se or use an attorney????

From what you say you case was dismissed................ and now your creditors can come after you again.....

Move quickly, see what you can do about this......
              Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X