Chapter 13 & Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 & Marriage

Hello all - I haven't been here for a while - my Ch 7 was discharged in '09 and thankfully things have gotten much better since.

However, my sister is currently in an active 13, and she asked me a question yesterday, and I had to say "damned if I know" - so I thought I would put it to you fine folks here.

The scenario is women files bk. Plan is not yet confirmed. Gets married. Does the spouses income now figure into her total income used for the payment calculator? If so, does the spouses debt get applied to his income prior to considering it as additional income to the wife? Since the spouse is now living in the household do the allowable allowances for bills and utilities now increase to 3 instead of the original 2

Any feedback / thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you in advance
    Moving ahead with my fresh start!
    Ch 7 Discharge: 12/14/2009
    TT Report of No Dist! 03/31/2010
    Case CLOSED!!!: 04/28/2010

Seems to me yes it would because now there are two or more people living in the house legally and there is more $$$. Just my thought!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

I agree with dmc-2008. The plan probably needs to be modified. She should tell her lawyer about her new household and financial situation.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X