Converted to 13...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converted to 13...now what?

Attorney just filed the motion to convert us to chapter 13 (was a certainty that we would be forced to convert so we went ahead and did). He said he has to file some amended papers within two weeks and that we're going to reschedule our 341 meeting because of the change in trustees. I'm just wondering what happens next. Is it likely that any creditors will show up to the 341? Is it necessary to attend court when it comes to confirming the plan? Is it difficult to get a plan approved? What might a timeline from filing to confirmation look like? NOT in a panic, just curious...
    Chapter 13 - May 2014
    Broke but not broken...

I suspect that the papers your attorney will file will include your plan. If your plan payment is not made through payroll deduction, you will need to make the first payment to the trustee soon after those papers are filed.

It is unusual for creditors to show up at your 341.

Most debtors do not have to go to the confirmation hearing.

May plan was very easy to get confirmed. Others have more difficulty. It really depends on your sitution and, in large part, on the competency of your attorney and his knowledge of what the particular trustee is likely to object to.

The timeline depends a lot on local procedures. My plan was confirmed the day of my 341, but that seems to be much quicker than the norm.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X