Special needs children and ch 13.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special needs children and ch 13.

We are thinking about researching an attorney and finding out more for chapter 13. Anyway we have one child with autism and the other has torticollis. Needless to say our lives are filled with unexpected expenses between the two, MRI's, EEG's, physical therapy sessions, missed days at work, doctor appointments, really expensive day care, special diets and the list goes on and on, hence it's part of the reason we are here.
    I have to assume that other people here have filed that have special needs children. Do they let you account for these things in life? Our unexpected expenditures can be huge and very sporadic at times. Any input is appreciated.

You can expense such things. Calculate your total extra costs in each category for 2013, divide by 12 for each category and use those numbers as your monthly additional expenses for Schedule J. You should also be able to use the total average monthly cost for means testing purposes under "special circumstances".

Make sure you discuss this with any attny you meet with.

Des.

Comment

Our child is special needs and on a special diet. I provided doctors letters stating diagnosis and care details. I also provided a personal explanation of our high food costs. I included medical receipts for a period pre filing. The trustee did not object at initial filing. We are now requesting a modification, and I had to provide the same type of documentation to explain my high expenses.

Comment

good luck with the mod suzyc, i'm sure it will all work out! and welcome to the forum!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X