top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BK Modification Before or After Relocation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK Modification Before or After Relocation?

to all,

Was just wondering ( and I will be meeting with attorney on monday again) if it was possible to relocate during a BK13 (for me NJ to Florida) and ammend/modify our plan AFTER the move. What I thought could happen is this.

1.) Stop paying mortgage soon/now (wont be able to afford it soon anyways, reduced work hours..)
    buys me about 2-3 months to use extra money to secure a rental in florida + moving.

2.) I already have 2 job prospects there so I can start working sooner than later although at a reduced income.
    ** Even though my wife and I will have a reduction in income in florida, it will even out because we wont have a mortgage of $3625/month**

3.) Once everything is said and done it I may even be able to keep my BK13 payment close to the same "$1000"/month" give or take $100 maybe, WHICH I have no objection to because the job I will be obtaining is fulltime (guaranteed 36/hours per week).

So to sum it up, an ammendment to a means test would much easier to gauge once my transfer is finished, even with us giving up the house/mortgage in NJ.

Thanks all!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X