Feasible/not feasible plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feasible/not feasible plan

I have a question. In the process of filing at the end of the month (in Los Angeles) but am concerned if the court/trustee will consider a plan feasible or not.

I'm doing a lien strip which is for 150K and I have 75K in CC debt.

My attorney is saying that my payment will be around 200.00 per month for 5 years.

With that being said, that isn't much of a payback but based on my expenses (housing, car etc) that’s what I have left over. Can the courts say that amount is too low, if in fact that is all I have in disposable income? If so, what happens next?

i do not believe so, your atty should know better than anyone....
    Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

It's my understanding that although each case is different - it is what it is.

As long as what's left over from what you make each-month after expenses is enough to pay your creditors over the length of your case the same amount they would have received if you had filed Chapter 7 and liquidated assets - then you should be fine.

$200/month for five-years ($12,000) may pale in comparison to your debt ($75k in CC debt) but it is what it is!

I'm paying $216/month and had slightly over that amount in CC debt if I remember correctly. That just means I'm still poor! But at least I won't still be in debt AND poor!

Comment

The trustee can object to some of your expenses in order to increase your payment amount, but as long as they are all reasonable & provable, then like the pps both said, it is what it is.
        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X