Taken the next step:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken the next step:)

I met with a Bankruptcy Atty today and signed the retainer. I feel SO RELIEVED! He answer most of my questions, even the kinda obscure ones, before I even had a chance to ask them. So it's a go

Basically the unsecured will get little to nothing, I will be able to cram down my car loan to around half what I owe, and he can even set the payments up so I can pay less in the winter when my income goes down and more in summer when I have it. Sweet. So my total payment, including his fees + trustee fees, will be less each month than I am paying each month on my car loan currently.

Bonus: he said that my Earned Income Credit tax refund will be mine free and clear and does NOT have to be included as income under the plan, nor will the Trustee try to take it. Apparently in my district the Trustees usually don't take income tax refunds anyway, unless they are gigantic...and that they don't take Earned Income Credit money. That REALLY helps the bottom line!

It's like a huge amount of stress has been lifted off of me. I have the paperwork to fill out and we meet again on Tuesday, and will hopefully be filed within the next week after that. And then we move on.

So now the only regret I have is not doing this sooner. I'm sure it's not going to be all rosy and perfect, but knowing I have a competant attorney to get me through is so fantastic!

Congrats! Sounds like you have found a good atty. One who is well-informed of district specific policies, and willing to answer questions and take the time to listen to you. Good luck!
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X