No announcement yet.

Hi, new here, need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone was out here taking pics of the outside of the house this morning, I bet it was for Wells, they must be getting ready for a sale date. Yes, I agree about moving before filing. I sure hope the foreclosure is done within the first 2 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post
      If you do a 5 year ch. 13 plan (over median, automatic 5 years) then as long as the foreclosure is finalized within 2 years of starting, you should be able to get a mortgage when your plan is completed.
      I don't think that's true. If you file a Chap 13 before foreclosure, when the bank actually gets around to foreclosing is irrelevant as far as your ability to get a new mortgage is concerned. The debt will show as "included in bankruptcy" on your credit report. The foreclosure will not appear on the credit report if it occurs after the Chap 13. I could be wrong. I'm basing this on what I've read on these boards.

Before moving out, I'd talk to my attorney about what affect staying would have on your plan. If you can get a budget that includes rent you think is realistic, it sure would be nice to live in the house free for a while.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks, I am not sure how much time we have if the foreclosure has started. The lawyer I contacted emailed me the paperwork, told us to fill it out and return, if she has questions she will call us, then we will go in to sign petition, does that sound right? I wanted to meet with a lawyer and make sure our budget is the best it can be for us.?

Comment

I have emailed her and called and left a message, not returned yet. I need to know if I should stop all payments on car, ccs(my credit cards) and so on. ?? I'm stressing.

Comment

How can I figure out what to change our withholdings too on our pay, so we don't get a big refund?

Comment

Originally posted by lynnws View Post
              How can I figure out what to change our withholdings too on our pay, so we don't get a big refund?
              Most attorneys have software they can use to calculate what your withholding should be.
              Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
              0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

I recall the IRS website having a calculator also, where you put in info (date, gross, taxes withheld) in from your last stub + info on your pay schedule and normal pay amounts (to predict rest of year income) + filing status, dependents, etc. and gives a recommendation.

Would also need to adjust again in January to get it right going forward.
                Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
                (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

thanks!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X