how much extra money per month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much extra money per month

How much extras money will we have per month? Just food and gas. ? We are afriad if we go through this I shouldn't be strapped for cash.

Build your budget - plan for everything. Clothing, household needs (paper products, cleaning products, etc.), personal care items, vehicle maintenance, home maintenance (lawn care needs, pest control, repairs & upkeep) and so on. For things you do not spend every month, think about annual estimates and divide by 12 to get a monthly average. Then in months when you don't spend that $, set it aside. For example, if my clothing budget is $100/mo we won't spend that every month. But there are a couple of times a year when I must buy clothes for the kids - and then little amounts get spent here & there throughout the year. So if in June-July I don't spend $ on clothes but need to spend $300 in August, it balances out.

If you only plan for food & gas - you will not see the end of the ch. 13 successfully because you'll run out of $.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

If your ch.13 repayment plan is calculated correctly, then you will have quite a bit of extra money each month to save. For example, you are allowed a vehicle operating expense that is enough to cover tag renewal, new tires, and routine maintenance. You'll be allowed a home maintenance expense. A clothing expense. A monthly medical expense of $60/person. All of this adds up, and obviously they are not expenses that you will incur every month.

However, you will have to be vigilant in saving this extra money so that when the expenses do arise, the money will be sitting there available for use.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X