Need Help - husband moving out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help - husband moving out

Question, how soon can I file for a payment suspension or something to help me? My husband is moving out this weekend. The payment of $862 comes out of my paycheck. He is leaving me with the kids, the house, the C13 payment, everything. I can't afford it all on my own, not to mention I was working on an abatement to get some carpet replaced due to mold. Now I feel screwed six ways to sunday.

I know I can file for a disconsolidation and do the C13 for my debts only, but that takes time. I do not want this case dismissed.

Any advice?
    Secured Debt $196,500 Unsecured Debt $128,000
    Filed C13 5/29/2009
    341 Meeting 6/22/09
    Confirmed 11/30/09

All I can think of is to see your atty asap. A phone call or email will probably not be enough, you need to be in his office to discuss the situation.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I agree with previous post, but will add that some attorneys won't act UNTIL you get behind (mine wouldn't)... since you haven't lost your job this will make everything else hard but your BK will be paid through your wage garnishment. You need to call your attorney and if they don't call back within 24 hours I would show up at their office. Your husband is NOT off the hook. You also need to look into what is needed to make the separation legal, because until that happens the court tends not to care.
      Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
      Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
      60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X