Chapter 13 payback figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post
    Pre-2005 it was 6 years between ch. 7 filings. In your post earlier I thought you were saying they could file with only 6 years between 7's if the last 7 was before the law change. That is not correct.

The law is 8 years. The law is not 8 years if you filed after 10/2005. If one filed in 2002 they cannot file again until 2010.

I filed in 9/2005 just before the new changes, and have met with several attorneys and they all agree that the current law (no grandfather clause) matters regardless of when I filed. I am not eligible to file again until 9/2013.
    Pre-10/05 it was 6 years between Chapter 13 filings, 7 years between Chapter 7 filings. The new law increased the time for both by one year. In my posting I was trying to determine when the OP filed (he said it has been 7 years but did not indicate if that was the filing date or discharge date). Depending on his filing date, he could be eligible to file this year (Chapter 7). He hasn't yet responded as to that.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Oh, sorry. Missed the part about when I filed.....in June of 2003. And "he" is a "she"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X