Filed Today - Western Ky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed Today - Western Ky

Visited the lawyers office today ... signed and it was filed electronically...

3 year Plan, car payments in the plan, wife's student loans not....

I have (Had) 4 1/2 years left to pay on our main vehicle, it's being crammed down, will be paid off at end of plan... (36 months)

36 Month Plan, 5% payback to Unsecured.

All in I'm happy with the proposed plan...

Lawyer seems confident it will be confirmed

The vehicle being crammed down is from a credit union (out of state), I also have a credit card with them- will this be an issue?

Thanks

Comment

I don't think they'll have a choice in the matter - the CU I mean. CU's can be a little tricky regarding cross-collateralization but if you're able to 'cram down' to the current value I imagine they can't hold the title after. If you had bought it in the past 2 1/2 years then they may have been able to say you needed to pay the car loan + credit card. Not sure how the court would have handled it though.
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Its been around 930 days since I bought the Vehicle... I knew about the 910 day rule, my timing may seem intentional, but it just happeded to "work-out" for me...

I did rush to get filed before the end of the month, so a bonus received this month did count for my means test... It would have caused me to go over the state median and be in a 60month -vs- 36 month plan..

Comment

Wow, hopefully the trustee will go easy on you. I haven't heard may good things about them. I missed having to file in the Western district by less than 2 miles. Our attorney practices in both districts and she said that the eastern district trustee is night and day compared to the western trustee (we get to keep tax returns, bonuses, raises, no paycheck garnishment, can pay off early, very little scrutiny, etc, etc). Keep us posted how your 341 goes.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X