Means Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Means Test

I'm seeing alot of means test questions - so out of curiosity I just spent some time going thru the Means Test info at the DOJ website, and a Means Test online with Nolo.

It IS very confusing. Now I understand why everyone gets really flustered. We are below the median income, so other than showing that with the first part of the means test I don't think the rest of it applied to us? Our 13 payment is based on actual income/expenses rather than the means test. (By the means test we're a negative DMI of about $1100! But then, we are under in pretty much every category. Like allowed $300 out of pocket medical for a family of 5, but we don't pay any but OTC medicine and such for the kids as they are on Peachcare. We're under on mortgage for our county $200, etc. etc. etc.)

So - my question... If you're filing ch. 13 and under the median, are the IRS figures even relevant? Or is it just a question of whether or not your district's trustee finds your expenses 'reasonable'?
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X