Filed....now what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed....now what

Well, we had some very fortunate turn of events in our house for a change!
    If you've read my most recent posts, you'll know that my husband was laid off from work just before we were to file Ch 13.

We called to make an appt with our lawyer to discuss options...and wouldn't ya know, my hubby get's a job offer call a half hour after making the lawyer appt!!!

So, we kept our appt with the lawyer (Yesterday) so we could bring him up to speed and see what else needed to be done...or if we needed to wait on anything. Our lawyer was so impressed with all the records I had kept and the budget that I made using info for the new job. I even brought all our current bank acct balances in case they decided they could file for us right away.

Well, sometimes reading up on this forum and being so over prepared gets you good results!!! Our lawyer was able to file our petition yesterday!!!!
    We got our copy in the mail today with a note telling us what we're required to bring to our 341 meeting. If everything stays the way it is, we'll be paying $200/mo to the trustee.....and less than 1% to unsecured CC'S

So now, my only question is....do I have to wait to get info from the trustee to find out my case #?? That is not listed on the paperwork that we got from the lawyer. If we need to wait for the trustee, how long should it take??

And, what now? Do I basically just wait for our 341 meeting? Is there anything else I need to do in the meantime??

So far....I'm feeling a HUGE weight lifted from my shoulders!!!!!
    Filed Chapter 13 on March 16, 2010
    341 Mtg on April 16, 2010, Confirmed on May 7, 2010 (Step plan for 36 months)
    35 months down - 1 to go

Your attorney should get the case number almost immediately. When we filed, we got the case number within the hour. If you filed yesterday, I have to imagine that your attorney has your case number a day and a half later...

Comment

Same here, got the case number the day it was filed. Also, you want the case number so you can asnwer the phone and provide your case number and atty's info. to those pesky creditors. Its a waiting period until the 341 meeting, which is where you will answer to the trustee (or trustee atty). The questions the trustee will ask are standard questions and specific questions to your case that they may have objections to regarding your expenses or plan. In the meantime keep all receipts for everything, eg. food, gas, clothing etc.

I'm also under the impression that your husbands new salary also will be disclosed to the trustee via an amended plan? Congrats on the new employment as well!

Comment

Just call and ask your atty for it. When ours was filed, our atty emailed me a copy and didn't include the file # so I went on Pacer and looked it up. You can get it for free though by asking. (I did it in the evening, but not patient enough to wait til the next day.)

Now I have that thing memorized LOL.
        Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
        (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Got notice in the mail today that our 341 is scheduled for April 16th at 11am!
          Confirmation hearing is May 6th.

Yay!!! Let the waiting begin!
          Filed Chapter 13 on March 16, 2010
          341 Mtg on April 16, 2010, Confirmed on May 7, 2010 (Step plan for 36 months)
          35 months down - 1 to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X