Do you reaffirm in a 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you reaffirm in a 13?

Have not even thought to bring this up to our attorney...

13 filed, mortgage arrears in the plan and Jan & Feb payments on time since filing in Dec. Plan says we are staying/keeping the house. Is reaffirmation an option in a 13? If so, we want to get credit for our ongoing payments. And it would be nice to be able to access our payment & account info at Bank of America's website. Locked out since filing.

Have equity - I think. Not willing to pay for an appraisal. Appraised at $180k in 2006, we bought as part of a lease purchase arrangement and were able to do the loan under refi terms so they considered our equity and we didn't have to do pmi. We owed $141k at time of filing in 12-09, our estimate of $160k current value has not been questioned. (Can't find many comparables as our house was built in 2002 on a lot in an existing neighborhood. About 85% of homes here were built in the 80's. I did find one in the neighborhood which was similar in age/size and sold for $157k about a year ago. I think the $160k would be laughed at if we put it on the market, but we have $20k in homestead and didn't want trouble.)
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X