Include owed taxes in Ch 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Include owed taxes in Ch 13?

Does anyone know if you can claim the back federal and state taxes owed on my income tax return which I have been paying through my chapter 13 plan?
    Chapt. 13 Petition Filed 9/29/07
    Case Confirmed 12/10/07
    59 mos done 1 payment to go

(Carter, I moved your question here from the old, outdated thread you originally posted it to so you would get more traffic and hopefully more answers. It's against our forum rules to post to threads that have been inactive for months, so in the future, please start your own new thread as I did for you here - thanks! -lrprn)

Originally posted by Carter View Post
    Does anyone know if you can claim the back federal and state taxes owed on my income tax return which I have been paying through my chapter 13 plan?
    I'm confused about what you mean by "claim". You state you are already paying the taxes through your 13, so what exactly do you want to do?
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
      You can't itemize your federal taxes. As for the back state taxes, you can itemize what you actually paid in 2009. But you can only do this on Schedule A.

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
        (Carter, I moved your question here from the old, outdated thread you originally posted it to so you would get more traffic and hopefully more answers. It's against our forum rules to post to threads that have been inactive for months, so in the future, please start your own new thread as I did for you here - thanks! -lrprn)

I'm confused about what you mean by "claim". You state you are already paying the taxes through your 13, so what exactly do you want to do?

Claiming as in itemizing them on Schedule A to increase the itemized deductions and lower taxable income.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X