top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Pay and Chapter 13 payment, plus wage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Pay and Chapter 13 payment, plus wage ?

Hello,

I will be making my first Ch. 13 payment next week, have lots of leeway on time (I get paid the 5th, payment due the 15th, lawyer said a few days late doesn't matter). It would be MUCH easier for me to send the payment through my Wamu Bill Pay than going to the bank and getting a cashier's check to mail but my trustee does not accept personal checks. Does anyone know if a Bill Pay check, considering the money is pulled from my account immediately the day it's printed, counts as a cashier's check?

Also- I think I made a mistake on reporting my wages. It was a little confusing for two factors, I had a few hours overtime the last two months or so and I have also started withdrawing taxes (stupid me!!). I was training a new person and unable to clock out for lunches for that time on those days, but the person was trained and now I will be at or slightly below 40 hours consistently.

Anyways, I reported my monthly earnings as about $2400 a month but it's really more like $2300, so would make a $100 difference in my payment. I've already filed- so is this an issue I should let my lawyer know now, or will I have to pay the plan payment as initially reported until I can show 6 months at this pay?

If your Trustee only accepts cashier's checks then sending through WaMu BillPay will have your check returned. Trustee's who ask for cashier's checks do so because they don't want to deal with bounced checks. Paying with WaMu doesn't insure that the check won't bounce It really is -- in most cases -- the same as you filling out the check. (I'll caveat that BillPay will pay some "payees" electronically via EFT, but I don't know what that would do with the Trustee.)

Perhaps you should ask the Trustee if they will accept BillPay.

You will have to continue making your Plan payment as it is set. Review your Plan with your attorney, than do so at your earliest convenient. Please note that he may charge you to modify a confirmed plan (I'm guessing your plan is confirmed, but it may not be). If your plan isn't confirmed, it's much easier to change it. Also, if your decrease in earnings is permanent, then you should get this changed.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

ok..thanks- the plan is not confirmed, I just filed two weeks ago.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X