Question about expenses in a 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about expenses in a 13

I have a concern about our expenses and also income. Did the fund wizard and all that. Our income including my oldest daughters and younger daughters as well is about 8850.00, the median is $7090 family of 5. So we are over the median but my older child does not give us her income as she has her own bills and cc debt. Should I have included her secured debts and her expenses in the total for expenses as well as our younger child? Because it would appear that we are over about $1800 in income and have that much left over and we dont. Can someone explain that to me as well as the 6 month rule? How does that work?

Hearts

What matters is whether your oldest daughter and younger daughter are living with you (I assume they are) and how much they each contribute to the household.

When you file, your daughters' incomes will be added to yours, but later in the Ch 13 forms the income they do *not* contribute to the household will be subtracted back out.

Having live-in family members complicates the Ch 13 picture. If you haven't already, set up free initial consultations with 3-4 experienced Ch 13 bk lawyers in your area.

There are siginificant variations between how local bk courts, bk judges, and Ch 13 trustees interpret the current bk law. Talking with lawyers who are familiar with how your daughters' incomes will impact your filing is the only way to get reliable information about what's going to fly in your local bk court.

Set up those appointments and start writing down all your questions to ask each lawyer. You'll learn a tremendous amount during your interviews - it's well worth your time!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget