Had my 341 today...had to call 911!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my 341 today...had to call 911!

We were waiting in line about 45 min before they opened the door for the 341 Debtors Education class. While we were standing there in the hallway, an elderly lady ended up fainting. Luckily for her, her son was with her. While the other people around her where helping her, I called 911.

The lady was ok and ended up having to reschedule. I'm not sure if she left in the ambulance or not as they moved us into the classroom to make room for the paramedics....So we were off to an exciting day already!!

The class was 2 hours long. Felt like 3-4 hours. Then the trustee came in, gave us a briefing of what he wanted to see when we walked up to him and sent us out to lunch.

We came back at 12:30 and people started getting called up. I was expecting for the meetings to be a lot quicker. The fastest was about 5 min and the longest was about an 45 min. I'd say an average meeting was about 10-15 minutes. There were several people who didn't show up, so that made things move faster.

We got called up about 4pm. We were asked the standard questions. Then there were some discrepancies that the trustee wanted to ask about...One question he had was how much were our CD's worth....our music CD's. I guess when our attorneys submitted the paperwork, they put down that we had music CD's, but did not put down any value to them. I was kind of baffled. I gave the trustee a puzzled look and he said..."hey I don't live with you, I don't know how many CD's you have." I mean...we have couple CD's, but if he's talking about a scratched up Boyz II Men CD or something like that then....??? He just asked our lawyer to fix that and thankfully our attorney owned up to it probably being an oversight on their part.

There were some questions about the value of my wife's full time business and my part time business. After about 10-15 minutes of questioning, the trustee concluded that they were pretty much valued at zero.

He also asked us about our 2008 tax returns which we told him we were going to use to put back into the business to keep it running. (we need to keep it going to protect some investors) He kind of shrugged his shoulders and looked at the attorney and wondered if we should even be exempting it since it's going straight back to the business. He made a comment about this being a little more complex than he thought. I think he got frustrated with the whole thing and kind of said..oh well...let's move on.

So in total, we were up there for about 20-25 min. The trustee is going to recommend the plan for approval as proposed.

$100 monthly payment for 36 months!!!!

Congratulations on winning approval of your plan!!! What a way to start an already stressful day!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Wow! What a good plan - $100/mth for 36 months - congratulations!
      Glad you did not have to call 911 for you!
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

What state are you in, and do you kow how much of that amount goes to your atty? Im in AL and we were "quoted" 180/mo (60 mo) by ours, but I wasnt smart enough to ask him at the moment how much was going to him/plan/trustee. At 3600 totala it sounds like yours worked out great. Thanks if you care to share. (I understand early buyouts are no longer done right? This plan sounds like it could have been a good candidate for something like that.)
        1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
        2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
        4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

EkorB, that is awesome. May I ask how much debt you had? We are getting ready to meet with the attorney this week. Yes, and I want to know what state you live in too. Thanks for sharing.

hearts

Comment

Originally posted by pcn View Post
            What state are you in, and do you kow how much of that amount goes to your atty? Im in AL and we were "quoted" 180/mo (60 mo) by ours, but I wasnt smart enough to ask him at the moment how much was going to him/plan/trustee. At 3600 totala it sounds like yours worked out great. Thanks if you care to share. (I understand early buyouts are no longer done right? This plan sounds like it could have been a good candidate for something like that.)
            If confirmed, the plan will be awesome!! I'll wait till then to celebrate. I'm in NC in the Raleigh district. At $100 a month, I didn't really care to ask for the breakdown. My lawyer was honest enough to say that he would be getting the most.

My lawyer also stated that I could pay off the plan after 6 months with no justification or questions on how and why we're paying it off. However, one thing I got out of the debtors education class yesterday was....If we show up at the trustees door with say...$3,000 to pay off the plan, that may raise some questions with the trustee. Who knows what they could assume, i.e. too much disposable income??

Originally posted by myhearts07 View Post
            EkorB, that is awesome. May I ask how much debt you had? We are getting ready to meet with the attorney this week. Yes, and I want to know what state you live in too. Thanks for sharing.

hearts
            We were right under 200k in debt. Sounds crazy...but if it gets confirmed, I will not have any complaints.

Comment

Wow.. thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X