IRS and withholding lock on w-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS and withholding lock on w-4

Before I filed the ch13 bk the IRS sent my employer a letter locking my deductions to zero. Today I called them and had that order recinded. I dont want a refund next year so PV wont take it. The lady from the IRS said as a single person I could claim up to 2 deductions legally. I think I could adjust the deductions at the end of the year if I have paid too much...we will see.

Anyway if anybody needs the correct number to recind a withholding lock here it is (866) 791-0289

Curious

Before I filed the ch13 bk the IRS sent my employer a letter locking my deductions to zero. Today I called them and had that order recinded. I dont want a refund next year so PV wont take it. The lady from the IRS said as a single person I could claim up to 2 deductions legally. I think I could adjust the deductions at the end of the year if I have paid too much...we will see.

I'm curious, how and why, rather what prompted the IRS to send your employer a letter locking your deductions to zero?

Who is PV?

I played with my deductions throughout last year (half the year I claimed 9 rather than my usual 0.) Towards the end of the year I claimed 0. I'm a gambler, so with my winnings I made sure to pay taxes on it plus some, knowing I could write off my wins due to my losses, even claiming 9 at times paid off at the end of the year.
    Last edited by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN; 02-28-2008, 12:18 AM.
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I owed the IRS back taxes because of claiming 6 and not filing taxes for 7 years. Besides being kicked out of mensa the IRS wanted to make sure I had the correct deduction.
      As for PV...pv means pig vomit, I named my trustee that.

Comment

During 3 years C13, I claimed "99" (max) after confirmed plan to get more $$ for me monthly, or complete exempt from tax, thus saving me $$ and from Trustee's robbing my refund taxes yearly. I paid tax back every year and trustee didn't care how can I get $$ to pay.

After C13 ended, IRS noticed and now locks my W-4 and I think that go for everyone else now "abusing" their system that same way too. One they know you will file BK, they will automatically lock, no question asked.

So sorry, I am the one start this all mess!

Comment

They did recind the order.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. I'm wondering if that will happen with me in the long run. I do play with it off and on. For the past 10 years I've always owed the IRS 2-3 grand (due to working 2 full time jobs and gambling wins to boot. 2006 was a whopper I owed over 4 grand w/penalties and interest. This year I got my whopper back. Guess I should be more cautious on playing with the claims, but heck as long as I'm paying taxes I don't see an issue.

Thanks! Catchmeifyoucan
            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X