top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help again everyone! Cindy or someone please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, how about this--do you have an old datebook (or Microsoft Outlook file) that shows what your appointments were, or can you somehow (again, bank or credit card statements, for example) prove that you bought a LOT of gas or had a LOT of maintenance done on the vehicle? Or do you have a former coworker or supervisor who might have some personal records that would tend to support your deductions?

This might not be the exact form of proof the IRS usually likes, but it would tend to demonstrate that the deductions were legitimate. If nothing else, perhaps the IRS would agree to accept a lower amount if you can offer some sort of proof that you didn't just make up this deduction. Hey, it can't hurt to ask.

Comment

No, I didn't keep anything from 3 years ago but I do have co-workers that may write something up for me. It doesn't matter if I bought a lot of gas or had a lot of maintenance. I didn't choose ACTUAL expenses, but did the mileage because I've always done it that way ( for 20 years now ) and if the IRS looks at all my returns since 1993, they'll see that's how I've always done it. They are only doing this because I'm including the taxes from 2003 in my BK and they want to get some back because they will only get about 5% of the 2003. Trust me, that's how they work!
      Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
      CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
      Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

Right, I understand about the actual expenses vs. so-much-per-mile deductions. But I'm thinking that if you could prove you had spent a lot of money on gas, it would tend to show that you must have racked up a lot of miles. Heck, I'd be convinced...but then again, I don't work for the IRS.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Comment

TY McDulph
          Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
          CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
          Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X