top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help again everyone! Cindy or someone please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help again everyone! Cindy or someone please!

I just got a letter from the IRS saying they are reviewing my 2005 taxes and I have to send them all my receipts and documentation for the deductions I made. I have been in outside sales for 20 years and the company I was with that year, was sold and changed names. The IRS wants a letter from them saying they didn't re-imburse me for mileage or business expenses ( which they didnt )
    Now, if I send them what I can and they decide that I owe them, what happens to that? My God, when it rains it pours. First Amex, now the Feds....wow.
    How can I pay them when I'm in an active 13? ARe they going to hold it for 5 years and rack up interest and penalties? Can we give them our rebate that is coming? I'm just thinking ahead because I know I don't have all the docs they need from 3years ago as we moved and they are in boxes somewhere in storage!
    Also, the complaint was filed from Amex on the 8th of Feb and the courts still havent formally notified myself or my attorney about it. I just looked on PACER today and Amex filed their claim for the debt they are filing a complaint on. When will the courts send me documentation? They don't know I look on PACER and from all the other cases I've looked up, the papers are sent requesting an answer to the complaint within 48 hours. It's been over 2 weeks now since they filed the complaint. Any feedback on that?
    Help!
    thanks!
    Mike
    Last edited by MajorMike; 02-22-2008, 09:59 PM.
    Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
    CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
    Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Owing the Feds

I just got a letter from the IRS saying they are reviewing my 2005 taxes and I have to send them all my receipts and documentation for the deductions I made. I have been in outside sales for 20 years and the company I was with that year, was sold and changed names. The IRS wants a letter from them saying they didn't re-imburse me for mileage or business expenses ( which they didnt )
    Now, if I send them what I can and they decide that I owe them, what happens to that?

They'll send you letter stating what you owe and probably tack on penalitys and interest etc.

My God, when it rains it pours. First Amex, now the Feds....wow.
    How can I pay them when I'm in an active 13?

You'll have to find a way SOMEHOW. You can set up a payment plan with them. Also check with your lawyer and or Trustee to see if you can adjust your Ch13 plan if you end up owing the IRS.

ARe they going to hold it for 5 years and rack up interest and penalties?
    However long it takes you to pay them off if you owe!

Can we give them our rebate that is coming?
    There is a good chance you may not get the rebate if you owe them and IF YOU DO - than use that money to repay them.

I'm just thinking ahead because I know I don't have all the docs they need from 3years ago as we moved and they are in boxes somewhere in storage!
    Make every effort and find those boxes, save yourself from owing the IRS if you can!

Also, the complaint was filed from Amex on the 8th of Feb and the courts still havent formally notified myself or my attorney about it. I just looked on PACER today and Amex filed their claim for the debt they are filing a complaint on. When will the courts send me documentation? They don't know I look on PACER and from all the other cases I've looked up, the papers are sent requesting an answer to the complaint within 48 hours. It's been over 2 weeks now since they filed the complaint. Any feedback on that?
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Im not an expert. If they put the taxes in your chapter 13-----they devide the bill into priority and non priority. The priority part is the principle + interest, the non- priority ls late fees and penalties. My case was because of unpaid tax totaling 44000. 10000 was priority(gotta pay that) 34000 non-priority(portion% paid over 5years) theyll get the 10 +51% of the 34000.

Comment

Major Mike,

OMG, I cannot believe that this is happening to you. Have you talked to your attorney? I would definitely find all of your paperwork or else the IRS will be unmerciful. Good luck and I am sorry that you have to go through all of this.
        sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Mike give em what ya got.... Worse case they offer you a payment plan after they make a ruling and you can make low monthly mins or hire one
          of them tax attornies to have them represent you see if any debt can be forgiven if the bill is huge. I am sorry your case and dilemma is
          worse now.... I hope it works out for ya
          Started in Chapt 13 Switched to Chapt 7 Discharged 2009 Dec.........Filed New Chapt 13 in 2010 to deal with new surgery bill and stripped second mortgage! The story continues

Comment

go to the storage unit and start searching. GL with this. I guess the court isn't too worried about Amex complaint. LOLOL I didn't think they would be but you should check with your attorney to be sure no deadlines are missed etc. And I think that the IRS can revise its claim in your chapter 13 and get paid through your plan. Might reduce amount to unsecured's though. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MajorMike View Post
              Now, if I send them what I can and they decide that I owe them, what happens to that? My God, when it rains it pours. First Amex, now the Feds....wow.
              How can I pay them when I'm in an active 13? ARe they going to hold it for 5 years and rack up interest and penalties? Can we give them our rebate that is coming? I'm just thinking ahead because I know I don't have all the docs they need from 3years ago as we moved and they are in boxes somewhere in storage!
              Help!
              thanks!
              Mike
              We owed taxes for the first four years after filing. The first year was large ($1500) after filing and we contacted our attorney since in years before we itemized but just did not have enough deductions to do that, had to use the standard deduction and were too emotionally distraught to redo our exemptions. After that we fixed the situation and the remaining years were small amounts owed (under $200 between state and federal). Last year we got our first refund due to our daughter's college (Hope Credit). We were told the taxes owed after filing are our responsibility and to call the IRS and work out a payment plan that will work with us as to our Chapter 13. We paid $50 a month for several years to the IRS outside of our Plan on the $1500 debt. Debts and tax bills after filing are not part of your Chapter 13 filing. They are new debts and your responsnibility. If they create a struggle or additional hardship, contact your attorney for further instructions.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Wow, thanks to everyone for your advice!! I feel like I'm not alone going through this with all of you.
                This is the weird part....
                In 2005 we already owed the IRS over $7,000 from going into our 401K play and withdraweling for a down payment on our home in 2001. We didn't get audited until 2003, so in 2005 we were paying $100/mo to get that balance down. Each year, they would take our refund. In 2005 ( year of this current audit ) , we had a $2200 refund and it went to pay down the debt to them. This is the year, they are auditing and the remainder of that 7K is now unsecured. I'm thinking because of the filing, they decided to try to make our lives hell by getting money out of us because we filed and $3500 is now unsecured. If I do the calculations correctly, we'll owe about $4500 plus penalties and interest if I can't find the documentation to substantiate what they are asking for. Now, had I NOT gotten that refund, the money would have been unsecured and in my BK plan RIGHT NOW. I don't think it's right that if they are going to audit and ask me for the $4500, in which they paid themselves back $2200 of, that it should be for me to pay 100 percent of. Do you guys know what I mean??? My wife is sitting here freaking out and she said, get Flamingo's, Gramma's or someone here's number, I want to talk to them! LOL ( this back and forth typing is making us nuts! ) Our attorney hardly calls us back and it's so frustrating!!
                As far as the Amex complaint goes, yes, it is still there filed by Amex but the courts havent notified us. Is this normal?
                Last edited by MajorMike; 02-23-2008, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by buchanj View Post

Im not an expert. If they put the taxes in your chapter 13-----they devide the bill into priority and non priority. The priority part is the principle + interest, the non- priority ls late fees and penalties. My case was because of unpaid tax totaling 44000. 10000 was priority(gotta pay that) 34000 non-priority(portion% paid over 5years) theyll get the 10 +51% of the 34000.
                  No, I mean, I thought that they wouldn't make me pay until I was out of the 13 ( like a student loan ). If I'm supposedly giving them all of my disposable income, won't the judge frown upon me paying them as a preferential payment and won't he ask how the heck I squeezed out money for them and not the other creditors?

Comment

Ok, Gun to head already!@!!! I can't take one more thing!
                    Can't I just win the damn lottery already?? LOL
                    Last edited by MajorMike; 02-23-2008, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buchanj View Post

This is what I would hope would happen. Can't I have my plan amended with the IRS amending their claim and make the $4500 as priority so I can get it paid off in this 13???
                      OR, will they make me pay it outside of plan? This so sucks!!

Comment

Originally posted by $$only4ever View Post
                        Major Mike,

OMG, I cannot believe that this is happening to you. Have you talked to your attorney? I would definitely find all of your paperwork or else the IRS will be unmerciful. Good luck and I am sorry that you have to go through all of this.
                        My attorney doesn't return calls and has been sick with the flu thing that is going around here. I wouldn't even ask you guys if my attorney answered me....LOL
                        Thank you hon for your support!
                        Last edited by MajorMike; 02-23-2008, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by car67 View Post
                          Mike give em what ya got.... Worse case they offer you a payment plan after they make a ruling and you can make low monthly mins or hire one
                          of them tax attornies to have them represent you see if any debt can be forgiven if the bill is huge. I am sorry your case and dilemma is
                          worse now.... I hope it works out for ya
                          Thanks Car, appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by rrockinggramma View Post
                            go to the storage unit and start searching. GL with this. I guess the court isn't too worried about Amex complaint. LOLOL I didn't think they would be but you should check with your attorney to be sure no deadlines are missed etc. And I think that the IRS can revise its claim in your chapter 13 and get paid through your plan. Might reduce amount to unsecured's though. LOL
                            This is what I'm hoping Gramma! Who cares about the unsecureds at this point! LOL

Comment

Also, the complaint was filed from Amex on the 8th of Feb and the courts still havent formally notified myself or my attorney about it. I just looked on PACER today and Amex filed their claim for the debt they are filing a complaint on. When will the courts send me documentation? They don't know I look on PACER and from all the other cases I've looked up, the papers are sent requesting an answer to the complaint within 48 hours. It's been over 2 weeks now since they filed the complaint. Any feedback on that?[/B][/QUOTE]
                              What about this Catch me??? Any feedback? Thanks, Man!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X