top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did your Chapter 13 DISCHARGE effect your credit score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did your Chapter 13 DISCHARGE effect your credit score?

I am 23 months in and monitoring my credit score. I was wondering how the official "discharge" of the debts effects your credit score? Anyone here observed what happens when this occurs?

Thanks
    Kags

I've never heard of anyone on here complaining that their scores went down when discharged. Many people like myself have already been disputing inaccurate info on their CRs while waiting for d/c, so really, my scores are going up. I believe it's the actual filing of the BK that kills your scores. Info on FICO's website says that as a public record like a ch 13 ages, its effect on your scores lessens over time. So if by the time your discharged it's been 3-5 yrs since filing I can't imagine your scores going down. Between your final payment and d/c is the time to make sure all other info such as your accounts showing "included in BK" with a zero balance and NOT "charged off" OR showing past due amounts as some of mine were. This should in turn bring UP your scores and when you receive your final papers you'll be ready to rebuild your credit.

We are going to be discharged any day now. I guess I'll let you know what happens then!! I hope I'll have nothing to report!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X