Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Im Confused

OK,

Thought I knew most of what was going on, but then I discovered pacer and that I am not a lawyer.

I though I would throw this out instead of bugging my lawyer every 5 minutes.

I have a small St Loan 2K that I was going to pay outside the plan. Well I just saw that not only does it list it as an usecured debt in the plan, but the originator just sent the court a notification that they sold the loan to another company so that the payments were sent to the right place.

I also saw now that I am paying not 20%, but 73% of unsecured ( my usecured is small so its not a big deal ) Basically there are 2 creditors that have not submitted if they don't I guess I'm on 100% payback.

Anyway, could the St Ln be actually included in the plan. I just worked out a new payment plan with them the week before I filed because I thought they could not be included.........
    Filed Chapter 13: 3/12/07
    Confirmed 5/14/07
    Last day from Claims 7/10/07
    Trying to stay under the radar

I believe you can repay your loan through Ch13 payments, however I suggest paying that outside the plan. As it will show on your credit history you are paying something besides the BK. I guess.

For example, some people repay there car note through the plan, however I heard it best to pay outside the plan to reflect that you are paying something just to help get your credit history back on track.

Best Wishes, CMIYC
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I have a student loan too (Wells Fargo). I called them to see what was going to happen because my student loan was included in the bk (as an unsecured debt) and due to a priority claim, no funds would probably ever get paid against the sl for the 5 year period.

They put my sl into automatic forebearance because I filed bk. Yeah, interest will accrue for the 5 years, but that's ok with me -- I really need to get rid of bigger problems.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X