top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what happens when a creditor ignores the stay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happens when a creditor ignores the stay!

Here's a good one for you !

Past the 341 meeting. credit bar date is 4/23 and what do i get in the mail? A warrant in debt from one of the accounts listed in my bankruptcy plan!! it looks like the creditor sold my debt to someone else and they are suing me , hiring a lawyer and sent me a warrant in debt? can they do this?

One would think that they could be fined for such a thing since it's listed in my bankruptcy plan.

No, they can't. They can sell the debt, but the person who purchased the debt has to take whatever they get in the bankruptcy. I would have your lawyer contact them, you can contact them, and if they don't stop, you can sue there ass off
    Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
    Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
    Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

if the orignal creditor was notified (which THEY WERE) what right do they have to sell that debt! one would think that would be fraud. knowingly selling a debt to some other firm who then turns it over to their lawyer and i receive a warrant in debt! We aren't talking a month ago i filed. I filed way back in dec of 06..............i'll tell you it takes GUTS!

Comment

Those creditors sell to those junk collectors your info .. the junk collectors buy peoples old debts for pennies on the dollar Sopposedly, I guess the original creditors got to make money from someone if they aint gettin' anything from the original debtor .. and in turn the junk collector will try anything to collect on a dead debt IF they can get away with it!

Just my assumption, CMIYC

I had a junk collector after me 3-4 years past my original BK in 1992 ! I just kept sending them a copy of my discharge paper. I THINK they finally stopped, as I hadn't heard from them in quiet a few years. (It was for an American Express) They even tried to settle half the debt. NOOOOOOOPS not a pennie to them ! DISCHARGE is DISCHARGED ! Creeeeeeeps !
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X