No announcement yet.

IT's OVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow this all was so fast! we got the papers from the trustee yesterday stating that we completed the ch.13 with a certificate (too funny)
    Actually we never had any creditors bothering us since we paid everything on time. We just had too many bills but they were always paid. We saw no other way out so this is the route we took because we both owed so much.
    We certainly are not proud of the fact that we had to do ch. 13 but we are proud that we paid what we could to them. Now, it is a fresh start.
    The trustee suggested we send a copy of the audit and paperwork from him to all 3 credit bureaus so that are aware and can fix the reports to say ch. 13 completed.

Comment

Originally posted by opleeeeze View Post
      wow this all was so fast! we got the papers from the trustee yesterday stating that we completed the ch.13 with a certificate (too funny)
      Actually we never had any creditors bothering us since we paid everything on time. We just had too many bills but they were always paid. We saw no other way out so this is the route we took because we both owed so much.
      We certainly are not proud of the fact that we had to do ch. 13 but we are proud that we paid what we could to them. Now, it is a fresh start.
      The trustee suggested we send a copy of the audit and paperwork from him to all 3 credit bureaus so that are aware and can fix the reports to say ch. 13 completed.
      What a very special Christmas present you received this year! Sounds like your trustee was a good one - very nice of him to suggest notifying the credit bureaus to speed along your recovery.

You've accomplished something only 30% of Ch 13 filers manage - you successfully completed your plan and have been discharged! This gives all of our current 13ers here (me included) hope that we can also make it to the end and find our fresh starts too. Congratulations - enjoy the moment - you've earned it ten times over!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

CONGRATS on your accomplishment!! I am 44 months into a 60 month plan. Have the money order to pay off the entire balance sitting here in an envelope waiting to be mailed. And...I am terrified! Afraid to mail it! It has been such a long, drawn out procedure I am just convinced something is gonna go wrong.

Comment

Congrats! A fresh start is something that I am really looking forward to, I am jealous!

I am 18 months in and have a plan to payoff at month 37 I am planning on, when I finish, having the chapter 13 payment amount pulled automatically from my checking account into a savings account. If I do that for a year, I will have a nice little cushion for trouble times.... or a house downpayment.

Chris

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X