IT's OVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT's OVER

Finally we have completed our ch.13. It was 36 months of hard work but we made the final payment. Yesterday in the mail we got a check from our trustee for a penny. Do you believe they cut a check for a penny?
    But, they still took out the payment from the 15th check so they owe us more. IT's OVERRRRRR just waiting on the official papers. Hopefully now we can rebuild our credit and make some decisions. I was dx with MS two years ago and I needed to work to pay this off.

CONGRATS! AND GOOD JOB!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Originally posted by opleeeeze View Post
    Finally we have completed our ch.13. It was 36 months of hard work but we made the final payment. Yesterday in the mail we got a check from our trustee for a penny. Do you believe they cut a check for a penny?
    But, they still took out the payment from the 15th check so they owe us more. IT's OVERRRRRR just waiting on the official papers. Hopefully now we can rebuild our credit and make some decisions. I was dx with MS two years ago and I needed to work to pay this off.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Because of the length of time of Chapter 13's, we rarely hear about anyone completing one on this forum. It's nice for everyone to know that it is possible.

Congrats.

Comment

congratulations I will be glad when mine is over

Comment

What an incredible achievement, opleeeze! You've done what only 30% of Ch 13 filers manage - you made it successfully all the way to the end of your plan. Congratulations!!!!
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

You should frame your 1 cent check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Yeah !

Congradulations ! ! !

i didn't even make it past 3 payments on my Chapter ! ! !

Catchmeifyoucan
              July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
              Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
              Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
              Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Congratulations on completing your chapter 13. I envy you! We still have 10 more months to go in our 36 month plan...wish us luck!
                jai guru deva om--nothing's gonna change my world...

Comment

Congrats! So happy for you!!
                  9/28/06: Filed Chapter 7
                  10/25/06: 341 meeting Done!
                  12/25/06: Last day for objections.... Dear Santa, can we have a bk discharge for Christmas please?
                  1/12/07: Discharged & closed!!

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats!!!!! I refi'd out of mine in Aug. and still haven't gotten the balance from our trustee, which is over $3000!!!! Don't know why it's so much over everyone has been paid called the lawyer and of course they turned in a "final" bill on Nov. 8th for $800 but not sure what's taking so long, trustee's office says it can be as long as 6 months!! Hopefully no one comes out of the woodwork claiming they're owed more money!!

Comment

i just made my first payment this month so i hope i can make it to where you are. congrats and beat wishes

Comment

Congratulations.

We are right behind you. Today is December 1 and our last chapter 13 payment is December 29. It's been 35 l-o-n-g months of pure "you know what".

We pay $2700 per month that comes out of my husbands paycheck. He gets paid twice a month, so only 2 more paychecks

Luckily, his boss said that the last payment he will mail in is December 29th payment. After that, he said that he'll wait for the trustee to say if anything else is owed. This way, we will get my husband's full checks after December 29th. His boss said that "possession is two tenths of the law"...(or whatever that cliche is) and he'll send in the last payment that is due until he hears otherwise. HE'S THE BEST!!!!

Whatever collector gave you the worst time, I'd send them the penny and tell them to keep the tip. And definitely frame a copy of the check like suggested above.

Good job!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations. I hope and pray to be there one day.

Comment

Congrats OP!!

As HHM said, we hardly ever hear from any one who went the distance. So it's nice to know some one who did it!!

Now you just have to sit back and wait on the Trustee to do your Final Audit and then you'll be cut loose.

FREEDOM!!
                              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                              Discharged - 12/2006
                              Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                              Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X