Confused about 100% payback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about 100% payback

We are currently 12 months in to our 36 month chapter 13. We are to pay back 31,950.00. Our plan says we pay back 100% of unsecured creditors. When I pull my info up on the NDC site, it shows our unsecured creditors as like 78K...so how is 31,950.00 a 100% payback? I am sort of confused on that. Any help explaining would be appreciated.

Did all your unsecured creditors file for their debt? My attorney has mentioned to me, and I've seen this noted on other posts, that many unsecured creditors don't file a claim. I expect a 100% plan, but I expect the 100% to be on those who file. I anticipate that $20K of my $130K+ unsecured will not be claimed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie View Post
      We are currently 12 months in to our 36 month chapter 13. We are to pay back 31,950.00. Our plan says we pay back 100% of unsecured creditors. When I pull my info up on the NDC site, it shows our unsecured creditors as like 78K...so how is 31,950.00 a 100% payback? I am sort of confused on that. Any help explaining would be appreciated.
      Are you sure they are not figuring you at a 60 month term? Even 60 months wouldn't get you at 100%. Look on you plan and see if it says POT plan box checked (usually last page of the filing if my memory serves me well). And the POT will have an amount listed. That is what you will pay back, not 100%.
      Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
      Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
      Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

No, we are definitely in a 36 month plan. And no, not all of our creditors filed a claim. But the 78K is for the creditors that did file a claim. We filed under old laws, before 10/05. That is when they take your available money left over to live on and figure how much you pay back. So we pay 887.00 a month for 36 months, totally 31,950.00. I was just confused at when it says 100% payback. Any more thoughts would be great.

Comment

National Data Center

The National Data Center shows exactly how each creditor gets paid and their percentage. It also shows an account ledger when payments are received by you.

Best Wishes, Catchmeifyoucan
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I realize that the NDC shows the amount of the claim and then it shows how much is paid each month and the balance...but it still doesnt explain how 31,950.00 is 100% payback for 78K debt.

Comment

I realize that the NDC shows the amount of the claim and then it shows how much is paid each month and the balance...but it still doesnt explain how 31,950.00 is 100% payback for 78K debt.
              Bernie, did your lawyer tell you your plan was 100% payback?
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Hmmm

Best to ask the Trustee or your lawyer, also if you Bk is for 36 months, some actually go over but not more than 5 years.

Catchmeifyouacn
                July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
                Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
                Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
                Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

No, the atty did not tell us it was a 100% payback. I just saw that when i looked at the NDC site. The atty said we would pay the 887.00 a month for 36 months and then everything would be wiped clean. Just when all the claims started showing up on the NDC site, and you look at the columns, it says in the Percentage to Unsecured (100%). Then it says Plan Base $31,950.00. So that is what I was referring to.

Comment

No, the atty did not tell us it was a 100% payback. I just saw that when i looked at the NDC site. The atty said we would pay the 887.00 a month for 36 months and then everything would be wiped clean. Just when all the claims started showing up on the NDC site, and you look at the columns, it says in the Percentage to Unsecured (100%). Then it says Plan Base $31,950.00. So that is what I was referring to.
                    OK, your going to be fine. Just keep paying the 887/month for 36 months and your done. NDC isn't always accurate when it comes to that percentage thing. It shows me at 0% payback and I'm actually about 15% payback.

Comment

That's true. According to the NDC, I'm at 100% payback for 36 months, and according to my plan, I'm at 33% payback for 36 months....

Comment

GREAT!!!!! Thanks everyone for their explanation of things. Actually we were never told at what percentage we were paying back...just told the $ amount and how many months. So, thanks for the good information.

Comment

According to NDC we're also paying back 100%. When I figure it out I get like 72% so I don't understand why NDC has 100%.

Another thing I know we're not supposed to go over 60 months but our plan does. By the time we are done making payments we will have made 63 payments.
                          Filed Chapter 13: Aug 2004 Confirmed Aug 2005
                          Early Buy-Out 43/60 months: April 2008 :clapping:
                          Discharged: June 2008 :D:yes2::D

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin729 View Post
                            According to NDC we're also paying back 100%. When I figure it out I get like 72% so I don't understand why NDC has 100%.

Another thing I know we're not supposed to go over 60 months but our plan does. By the time we are done making payments we will have made 63 payments.

When you hit the 60 months, I would contact the trustee and ask if you need to make anymore payments. By law, your plan is not allowed to run over 60 months.

There is only one thing I can think of that would cause them to show you at 63 months. Was the confirmed payment higher than what you initially was paying when you filed the plan? If so, the trustee generally will want the difference. Again though, the trustee still cannot require the plan to run more than 60 months. He may be wanting you to make up the difference between what you started paying and what you ended up paying.

Comment

Originally posted by aa06a47 View Post
                              When you hit the 60 months, I would contact the trustee and ask if you need to make anymore payments. By law, your plan is not allowed to run over 60 months.

There is only one thing I can think of that would cause them to show you at 63 months. Was the confirmed payment higher than what you initially was paying when you filed the plan? If so, the trustee generally will want the difference. Again though, the trustee still cannot require the plan to run more than 60 months. He may be wanting you to make up the difference between what you started paying and what you ended up paying.
                              AA...

Yes we were initally paying less before our confirmation. After the payment was set higher the third time around we were finally confirmed. Yes, I believe you are correct about making up the difference. And that will put us at the 63 month mark. Do I say anything about this to my lawyer?
                              Filed Chapter 13: Aug 2004 Confirmed Aug 2005
                              Early Buy-Out 43/60 months: April 2008 :clapping:
                              Discharged: June 2008 :D:yes2::D

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X