Trustee Refund Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee Refund Check

My 5-year chapter 13 bankruptcy was just discharged and I received a refund check from the trustee of overpayments I made. Oddly, my bank put a 7 day hold on the check. When I asked about it, I was told that there was risk that it would not be paid. I find this very unusual. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Literal same exact thing happened to me last week. I don't have the official discharge but the trustee sent in the note that all payments were made etc. Trustee sent a refund check and I did mobile deposit and was told there would be a 7 day hold due to risk. It went through fine after the 7 days but it was weird. Not sure if it depends on banks but I am Bank of America.

Comment

I made a mobile deposit too. I wonder if that might have something to do with it. Makes me wish I'd just driven up to the bank. Had a long talk with the fraud department of the bank yesterday, trying to get an explanation of why it was being held. It seems to be because of a risk assessment that it won't get paid.

What really annoys me is that when I made the deposit it told me that $225 would be available immediately, which it was, and the remainder would be posted on the 17th. However, on the 16th the $225 was removed and the entire $1706 was shown as being held. I received no notification of the reason or the time frame that it would be held. Thankfully, I didn't spend that $225, which could have resulted in NSF fees

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X