Second Course - Which Company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Course - Which Company?

Does it matter which company we choose to use for the end of chapter 13 course? I found a list of approved courses.

Yes, it does matter. Not only must they be approved courses, they must be approved in your district. Since Massachusetts has only one bankruptcy district, it's pretty easy to find the list. I hope you found the same list.

The financial management class required for discharge is below. The bankruptcy code calls this the Debtor Education class. We tend to call it the Second Class.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Yes, that’s the list I have! So, I can choose any of those?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah19 View Post
        Thank you for taking the time to respond! Yes, that’s the list I have! So, I can choose any of those?
        Yes. Since they are on the approved list, then you can select any one from that list. I never choose the first one because they make their name so that the sorting makes them first alphabetically. A gimmick, but I'm sure many people just pick the first one. I look at several and check their website and make sure I like what I see before committing to one or another.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X