top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for PACER to update - Almost done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for PACER to update - Almost done!

The above is what NDC shows. According to PACER, request for discharge has not been submitted. How long did it typically take for others? So ready to be done!

I'm assuming that's a Chapter 7 case. Your data is not showing at all in the post. I can see the dates in the email that I received. It reads case closed on 8/1/2024. That means the case is closed. If you have no discharge entered then something may be wrong. There is too little information to tell what is happening. Did you look at the docket? What are the dates below your name after you search for your case?

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Its Chapter 13. I just updated my post with a screenshot. Did that work? The last document filed in Pacer was on 7/25/24: Certifications Regarding Domestic Support Obligations, Section 522(q), and Eligibility for Discharge. This was filed prior to our case being closed in NDC (Aug 1).

Comment

No screenshot shows. I can't tell why you haven't received a discharge. Did you file through an attorney? They would be yourbest resource. Second, if you didn't, you could call the Clerk's Office at the bankruptcy court and ask a "technical" question regarding your case. Maybe you didn't file the second financial management class and certificate? There's no way to tell with the limited information provided. I don't want you to provide too much detail, but there's simply not enough.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          No screenshot shows. I can't tell why you haven't received a discharge. Did you file through an attorney? They would be yourbest resource. Second, if you didn't, you could call the Clerk's Office at the bankruptcy court and ask a "technical" question regarding your case. Maybe you didn't file the second financial management class and certificate? There's no way to tell with the limited information provided. I don't want you to provide too much detail, but there's simply not enough.
          Thanks for the response! The screenshot was just showing my timeline but let me type it out:

Date Petition Filed: 07/30/2019
          Date Plan Filed: 07/30/2019
          First 341 Meeting Date: 08/30/2019
          Date Case Confirmed: 12/05/2019
          Date Case Closed: 08/01/2024

I am probably just being impatient. My lawyer had sent me some FAQs when we signed the eligibility for discharge paper. It says:

How long it takes to close my case after my last payment to the Trustee's office?
          This is commonly known as the "closing process." It usually takes 95 days after the last disbursement to
          your creditors.

When can I expect my discharge?
          The Bankruptcy Court will send a notice of your discharge to you and all parties involved in your case. This
          usually happens 50 days after the Trustee's Interim Final Report was filed. Please note that not all cases
          are entitled to a discharge. Please refer to your attorney to see if you can expect a discharge from the
          Bankruptcy Court.​

Our last disbursement date was 7/31/24 so it hasn't even been 30 days. I will be patient! Just so ready to be done with this. ​​

Comment

I'm concerned that your case reads "case closed" with a date and doesn't also have a "date discharged" showing. Call the Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court and ask the status of your case.

Something is wrong with your dates.

Comment

I'm concerned that your case reads "case closed" with a date and doesn't also have a "date discharged" showing. Call the Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court and ask the status of your case.

Something is wrong with your dates.
              Doesn't that just mean the trustee is confirming that we made all payments and then it is the courts turn to review everything and eventually get to discharge? I will call to check on status.

Comment

Originally posted by Happygirl View Post

Doesn't that just mean the trustee is confirming that we made all payments and then it is the courts turn to review everything and eventually get to discharge? I will call to check on status.
                No. In PACER, a date that says "Date case closed" is a bad thing for a Chapter 13. A Chapter 13 should have the following on the search result screen for your case:
                • Date filed
                • Date of last filing
                • Plan confirmed
                • Debtor discharged (if discharged)
                • Date terminated (if the case administratively closes after discharge)

Comment

No. In PACER, a date that says "Date case closed" is a bad thing for a Chapter 13. A Chapter 13 should have the following on the search result screen for your case:
                  • Date filed
                  • Date of last filing
                  • Plan confirmed
                  • Debtor discharged (if discharged)
                  • Date terminated (if the case administratively closes after discharge)

It doesn't say that in PACER, it says it on the NDC site. For the above items you listed, I only have a date for date filed and plan confirmed and all the other fields are blank in PACER.

Comment

Originally posted by Happygirl View Post
                    It doesn't say that in PACER, it says it on the NDC site. For the above items you listed, I only have a date for date filed and plan confirmed and all the other fields are blank in PACER.
                    Oh. I don't use NDC for actual case status. I don't think anyone should use the NDC for actual case status. The NDC is the Trustee's status.

Since you mention that was for the NDC then just ignore the NDC. PACER is the true source of the case status.

Comment

Oh. I don't use NDC for actual case status. I don't think anyone should use the NDC for actual case status. The NDC is the Trustee's status.

Since you mention that was for the NDC then just ignore the NDC. PACER is the true source of the case status.
                      Thank you! Sorry- should have been more clear in my original post!

Comment

I agree with justbroke, NDC showed my case "closed" three or four months before it was actually closed.
                        Chapter 13 (not 100%):
                        • Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank cum Bank of Southern California
                        • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
                        • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
                        • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
                        • 60th Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
                        • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
                        • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

Comment

"Case closed" on NDC simply means that the plan payments are completed.

Comment

The interim final report was uploaded to PACER. ALMOST DONE!

Comment

Now that's some progress!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X