Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to look in Pacer - chapter 13 finishing

Hi All,

According to my accounting, I have made the last payment of my Chapter 13 case. I am in 100%, and all my debts should be completed paid, that is including the Trustee fees (10%) and the CC interest I am paying (2%). i have been looking daily to NDC, but I don't see any changes.

I login today to Pacer, but I don't know what should I look for, I did a query, and I can see my case number showing different links. I know we have a limit of pages we can open without paying, so I don't want to waste my clicks. I see links to Case Summary, Claim Register, ...

What link or place should I be looking at Pacer to know my status, and know how is the progress?

Thank you

In PACER your case is either active, dismissed, or discharged. That can be determined by checking the various dates at the header of the case status page below your name.

To see what the Trustee is "probably" doing, you have to look at the NDC. While it may not be completely up to date, that is what the Trustee uses unless they have another system. (NDC is the national center but some Trustees use systems like TrustWin.)

If an when your case goes into COMPLETED in the NDC, that usually means that the Trustee filed a Notice of Plan Completion which may automatically trigger the entry of discharge, but it may not. There are just too many local procedural rules in play for how that all happens. The only thing to look for is the NDC shows you are complete and then you see that the dates below your name (on the initial result query screen when you lookup your case) has a date that is labelled "discharged" or "dismissed."

Otherwise, there is no way to tell. The Trustee is in control. Your PACER status will be AWAITING DISCHARGE until the rest of the procedural things are completed. Flags may also indicate things like AWAITING DISCHARGE or even MEANSYES and other silly things like DEBTED.

Your best source is going to be your attorney, the NDC, or the Trustee specific website.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke thank you. That is great information.

Comment

I just open pacer, run a query and look at the top bar and check date of last filing. This tells me if any document was filed and saves on clicks.

Comment

Sorry, I am little bit lost in pacer. I open pacer, and i can do a search for my case, but I don't see any information. how do you do the query and which link do you click to see the latest status? thank you

Comment

When you search for your case and PACER (CM/ECF) finds it, look at the top. You'll see your case name, case number, type, judge and other information.

The dates that are listed are what are important. They will contain date filed and date of last filing. It's the date of last filing that tells you if anything changed. You may also see two other dates there at the top which are "date dismissed", "date terminated", or "date discharged". You may also see "date confirmed" as well.

Those dates let you know what is going on. The pictures below may help (although they may be from an older version of PACER. These are actually from the case summary screen, but after your initial search the top portion (with the dates) should be the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	96
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1037662

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	71
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1037663
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke thank you very much for the detail explanation!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X