My Chapter 13 timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Chapter 13 timeline

I wish I had this forum before starting Chapter 13, but in a way some ignorance was fine. I had no idea what the meeting of the creditors/341 meeting was all about so I wasn't really nervous in the sense that something could go wrong. I just thought it was part of the process. Seriously having info from this forum would have prepared us a lot better. And it sure helped me get through the BK 13 years.

I am in Ohio

Filed: 3-30-18
    341 meeting: 5-16-18
    Confirmation hearing: 6-21-18 (we did not have to attend)
    Confirmed: 7-13-18
    Automatic Discharge: 6-8-22

At this time our case is listed as discharged, Awaiting Close

We made our first payments in April of 2018 by May the payments were deducted from my pay

Jump to April of 2022 The Final Cure Payment of the Mortgage was sent out and the bank verified we were up to date, no late payments

We didn't know our BK was ending several months ahead of time, but when the Final Cure Payment is sent to the bank that means you are close to discharge.

Order to stop Wage Deduction: 6-7-22
    Automatic Discharge: 6-8-22
    Discharge of Debtor Completion of Chapter 13: 6-11-22

My attorney notified me on 6-10-22 of our discharge and sent a copy of the Order to stop wage deduction. I was able to email payroll, luckily it was the right time in the pay period, so the deduction was stopped as soon as possible.

The last payroll deduction was actually the pay date of 6-10-22 and the trustee sent final payments to creditors on 6-16-22

6-30-22 Trustee cut us a check for almost a full month of payments.

7-16-22 We received the check in the mail; it took about 2 weeks from time the check was dated for it to get in our hands and about 5 weeks after the automatic discharge.

From what I see on PACER it looks like we are awaiting closing, but everything is in place, and we are discharged.

All the creditors were notified either by mail or email of our discharge between 6-8 and 6-10-22.

I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Congratulations on completing your Chapter 13 nearly a year early!
    Chapter 13 (not 100%):
    • Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank cum Bank of Southern California
    • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
    • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
    • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
    • 60th Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
    • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
    • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

Comment

Awesome Carmella ! Did you, *Run* to the bank with the check?

Comment

And now you breathe and get back to a non-BK life. Congratulations!!!
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thank you for showing your timeline. Its nice to see what to expect on some of the dates. I know it varies district to district or even trustee to trustee, but nice to see a timeline from start to finish. I think you said in a different thread that you were in a 100% plan. Did it end early due to some creditors not filing?

Comment

Originally posted by notreallyme View Post
            Thank you for showing your timeline. Its nice to see what to expect on some of the dates. I know it varies district to district or even trustee to trustee, but nice to see a timeline from start to finish. I think you said in a different thread that you were in a 100% plan. Did it end early due to some creditors not filing?
            notreallyme yes some of the creditors did not file It was hard for me to figure out who filed and who did not since everything had gone to collections and the creditors getting paid were not necessarily the name of the credit cards.
            I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie13 View Post
              I would have if it wasn't Saturday afternoon! The one day I didn't check the mail or look at my informed delivery LOL! I was talking to my husband about getting a refund but didn't know how much it would be then a few hours later there it was in the mailbox. I thought about doing a mobile upload immediately but did not because I wondered if that might take longer. I went to the bank early Monday, yesterday, morning since I am off work this week and they told me it would clear by Wed! Now we can pay the garage roof without sweating. The man who owns the home improvement company was nice with no money down and 30 days to pay. I sent a partial payment and planned to pay the rest on Friday, pay day. But now with this checking coming and much more than I expected I will send him a check as soon as it clears.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie13 View Post
                I should have said "No I didn't run I drove my *Sentra*" LOL

Comment

• Zombie13
                  Zombie13 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bahahahahah!!!

Thanks everyone! It's great to get back to a more normal lifestyle for sure. It's my daughter's boyfriend's birthday and I don't have to plan and worry about buying a gift. My husband said sounding kind of bewildered "since the BK ended, we've been spending money" I said, "YES we actually HAVE money to spend!" The BK payment was about half of my take home pay we had to be careful, and I tried not to overspend to at least have a small cushion or enough to pay the property taxes, etc.

Don't worry we are not going hog wild but having to pay for the garage roof so soon after BK is a big expense, but it will be paid off! The other spending was more normal spending except the impulse buy of a modest gas grill for the 4th of July.

We will be budgeting/saving/spending. I have no desire to charge a darn thing but will do limited charging for the credit score.

Comment

Time to celebrate Carmella - giant congratulations! Free at last.
                  I can't think of any one on these forums who was much more put upon than you and your family - that scary car accident, your roof, the second job, the back taxes........., the list goes on and on!
                  What you need now is a super relaxing vacation!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X