Mortgage Sold to Another Lender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Sold to Another Lender

Just received a notice that Wells Fargo sold my mortgage to a new lender, haven't had a chance to talk to my atty yet but will call on Monday. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. IDK if this will actually impact my bankruptcy at all or if it's just adminstrative.

Mortgages are bought and sold, but it's likely that the servicing was sold (since most mortgages are actually bundles in securities). In my experience, mortgages that are in a bankruptcy are usually transferred/sold to another entity that nearly exclusively handles such mortgages. This is a common practice even if there wasn't a bankruptcy. It may not happen that often, but it does happen.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I was a little worried this might mess with my case since Wells Fargo was named on the original bankruptcy paperwork but seems like this is probably a pretty regular occurrence so probably not a big deal. Thanks for your response

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X