Made Final Payment Today - Six Months Earlier Than Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made Final Payment Today - Six Months Earlier Than Plan

I am excited that we just made our final payment and received verbal confirmation from the Trustee that they will begin the discharge process once payment is confirmed.

The interesting part was that if I had kept making my regular payments per the plan then I would have been over paying by quite a bit before they noticed. I noticed that I only had $2,215 remaining due and the trustee was showing over $13k due. She put me on hold, talked to an auditor who looked at the remaining due, and then agreed with the $2,215. I just overnighted a cashier's check for that amount!

Can't wait to see signs of the discharge process. Am I correct in thinking that the Ch 13 stays on your record for 7 years but that the clock starts at time of filing and not time of discharge? If so, then only 2.5 more years to go until it is off my record. Whew.

Congratulations!

Yes, you are correct that the 7 years starts on the day you filed your BK. Your credit may very well already be better than it was before you filed.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Cpmgradulations!!! What a wonderful surprise!!!!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X