Well, that was easy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that was easy!

341 over, now we are in the 60 day club!

SOOOOOOOOO much easier than I expected.

Raise right hand swear to tell the truth. State your name and address and show SS card and DL.

Questions:
    1. Have you listed all your assets and debts?
    2. Have you filed BK before?
    3. Do you have any pending lawsuits or inheritance
    4. Have you made any payments or gifts to relatives in the last 2 years
    5. Have you had any garnishment of your wages in the 3 months before BK was filed?
    6. Did you sign the BK papers?
    7. Are you aware there are other options?
    8. Have you worked with a debt settlement company in the past 2 years?
    9. When was your tax return deposited?
    10. Do you understand BK can have a negative effect on your credit?
    11. Do you know what a discharge is?

Thank-you, have a nice day.

The trustee filled in No distribution right there after about 3 questions and didn't even seem to listen to the rest of our answers. There was a squeeky door on the court room and people were coming in and out...whole thing, start to finish, including waiting time was under 30 minutes.

Get the hamsters ready!

Originally posted by needachance View Post

T
    Quick question: Any thought as to why he asked about debt settlement company?

and,...what does "tax return DEPOSITED" mean? ...does that mean FILED or does that mean when you turned in a copy to the trustee.

Anyway, yes congrats and get ready for hampster dance!

Comment

If it wasn't an official hearing type situation, having a little fun with question number 10 would have been interesting....

What? Bankruptcy will have a negative effect on my credit? Are you serious? Man - I'm glad you told me - can I call the whole thing off?

Filed: 6/30/2010
      341: 7/26/2010
      Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Those questions are interesting! I wasn't asked #7; maybe that's not a standard question in Ohio. But if I HAD been asked, I would have said, "Oh, yeah, and I've looked into all of them!"

Depending on what time of the month it was, the answer to #11 might have been interesting too...and a little gross...

Comment

They wanted to know if the deposit of the tax return happened before or after the month of bank statements they had surrounding the filing, ie had it been spent already.

I don't know why they asked about debt settlement companies, but they asked every single person in front of us too.

I just wrote down the questions as she was asking them because I thought it would be interesting to share here.

Comment

They wanted to know if the deposit of the tax return happened before or after the month of bank statements they had surrounding the filing, ie had it been spent already.
            OK, I think I see. You mean TAX REFUND, not Tax Return.

Comment

341 over, now we are in the 60 day club!

SOOOOOOOOO much easier than I expected.

Raise right hand swear to tell the truth. State your name and address and show SS card and DL.

Questions:
              1. Have you listed all your assets and debts?
              2. Have you filed BK before?
              3. Do you have any pending lawsuits or inheritance
              4. Have you made any payments or gifts to relatives in the last 2 years
              5. Have you had any garnishment of your wages in the 3 months before BK was filed?
              6. Did you sign the BK papers?
              7. Are you aware there are other options?
              10. Do you understand BK can have a negative effect on your credit?
              11. Do you know what a discharge is?

The trustee filled in No distribution right there after about 3 questions and didn't even seem to listen to the rest of our answers. There was a squeeky door on the court room and people were coming in and out...whole thing, start to finish, including waiting time was under 30 minutes.

Get the hamsters ready!
              Your 341 was twice as complicated as mine.

CONGRATS TO YOU!

ep
              California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X