top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well that was easy! Over before I knew it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that was easy! Over before I knew it.

Smooth sailing at my 341. It took maybe 5 minutes. Apparently I got one of the nicest trustees; I heard another person's lawyer say that she was her favorite. She was very polite and didn't give anyone a hard time. None of the other debtors had any funny business; a few of them had to come up with info on their 401ks or annuities but that was it. The only thing she asked beyond the standard questions was if I sold my inventory from my failed business. I said yes, and told her how much it sold for. And that was it. I was out of there 30 minutes after my meeting was set to start.

I was so nervous on my way there, even though I knew I didn't have anything to worry about. I was on my way out the door before I knew it. Oh, and my lawyer was all buddy-buddy with the trustee, so it looks like i picked the right one.

I did forget to double-check with my lawyer to see if he got the 2nd debtor's education certificate that I mailed him, but I think he would have contacted me if I hadn't. I think I'm going to mail a second copy to him just in case.

Now I just gotta wait until mid-May for my discharge.

Thank you to everyone who answered my questions; you were a great help.

I'm glad it went so well. (-:

Comment

Sounds great...congratulations! When the time comes I hope mine goes that well.

Comment

Congratulations!!!
        11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

Comment

Congrats! Happy 60 days!
          *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Grats. The big secret to success is total truth. You are on your way.

Are you a PACER member? You can watch your progress and would see what he received and filed to date. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Grats. The big secret to success is total truth. You are on your way.

Are you a PACER member? You can watch your progress and would see what he received and filed to date. 'Hub
              Thanks for the tip! I just registered for PACER. Is there a way to check to see if the 2nd debtor's education thing was filed without racking up a bunch of .08 charges?

I literally don't have $10 in my bank account at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by HGolightly View Post
                November '09 - Ran out of money
                January 4, 2010 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se)
                February 16, 2010 - 341 Meeting
                How did your 341 Meeting turn out, that was last month right?

Comment

You can see at the top of the free page when you query your case number the date that something was last filed on the docket. If the date hasn't changed, there's nothing new there.

Comment

Originally posted by mtbc View Post
                    You can see at the top of the free page when you query your case number the date that something was last filed on the docket. If the date hasn't changed, there's nothing new there.
                    Thanks so much. Looks like everything has been filed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X