MBNA - Incorrect Reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBNA - Incorrect Reporting

I've read back into the old messages here and on other forums about MBNA reporting incorrectly after BK.

They are doing the same to me and I'm getting ready for my dispute. It seems that they report the debt as "sold" to another lender and "charge off" AFTER the BK filing. That appears to be their "MO" as I've read messages here on this forum from over a year ago with the exact reporting information.

I've read in many places that they refuse to correct it.

Has anyone been successful getting MBNA to report correctly??

Originally posted by Hello_It's_Me! View Post
    I've read back into the old messages here and on other forums about MBNA reporting incorrectly after BK.

They are doing the same to me and I'm getting ready for my dispute. It seems that they report the debt as "sold" to another lender and "charge off" AFTER the BK filing. That appears to be their "MO" as I've read messages here on this forum from over a year ago with the exact reporting information.

I've read in many places that they refuse to correct it.

Has anyone been successful getting MBNA to report correctly??
    Here's a case where MBNA was forced to pay a creditor $90,000 for incorrect reporting that damaged her credit - http://www.epic.org/privacy/fcra/03-...0bankruptcy%22 . The creditor, Linda Johnson, won on appeal in 2003 too!

So it is possible to punish a big creditor for incorrect reporting that they refuse to correct. The problem is you need deep pockets to take them to court and win. MBNA knows that the vast majority of debtors with bad credit don't have the means to take them to court. The big cc and non-secured loan companies are holding 99.99% of the marbles in the game and take complete advantage of the lack of creditor accountability in our current laws. I honestly don't know how the decision-makers at these companies sleep at night, but they most certainly do and quite soundly.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Yeah I'm in the same boat.