BK...You can recover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK...You can recover

My 3 year date for discharge is coming up and I have 3 credit cards that I had previously BK'd.

Chase--7K credit limit
    BOFA--13.5K credit limit
    USAA--25K credit limit

You must be creative and I've had some assistance from my wife's credit on 2 accounts but these all show up on my credit report.

Don't let anyone tell you BK is bad--not recommended if you have to go BK it can be a true new beginning!!!

Logan

I hope so

Thanks for the post, I keep seeing all these people getting their stuff together and I'm not able to get a thing. I had no late payments prior to BK, I just couldnt maintain while putting my husband through school. I Bk'd in Sept of last year and was discharged and closed in January of this year.. my score was ok prior to but it is in the garbage right now. My husband did not file so I have his 3 cards on my report and I am working to pay those down now. I Bk'd the same cards as you with the exception of BOFA (Navy Fed) hopefully I can get something back in the next couple of years as well.. Anyways thanks for the encouraging post!!

Comment

There's hope if you don't have a spouse to help with rebuilding:

I'm single. Post discharge I've got two cards with a combined total available credit of about 15K. I'm getting pre-approved offers for others, including some I BK'd. I'm wary of falling back into the trap and not applying for any more cards, I'd keep just one, but the one with the higher limit was acquired by Chase, which I BK'd and I'm concerned it will be cancelled. The offers for the cards I have showed up in my mailbox a few years post-discharge, and to my amazement, they sent me a card.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X