No announcement yet.

approved for att iphone with no deposit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked mine. AT&T did run my credit 4 weeks ago, while I am in active Chapter 13. They used Equifax. No problem and as I stated, I was done in 10 minutes from telling them exactly the iPhone I wanted, and walking out the store with an activated phone!

(p.s. I noticed that the new bank where I opened a ch3cking and savings account also ran me through Equifax. No problem with opening the account. I do understand that many "creditors" (like cell phone companies and some banks) use the credit report only to verify your SSN and address(es).)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I also wonder if we'll get the point where a great many people have less than perfect credit. If so and it's already starting to be the case, our credit might not look so terrible.
      Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
      Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
      Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
      341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        I just checked mine. AT&T did run my credit 4 weeks ago, while I am in active Chapter 13. They used Equifax. No problem and as I stated, I was done in 10 minutes from telling them exactly the iPhone I wanted, and walking out the store with an activated phone!

(p.s. I noticed that the new bank where I opened a ch3cking and savings account also ran me through Equifax. No problem with opening the account. I do understand that many "creditors" (like cell phone companies and some banks) use the credit report only to verify your SSN and address(es).)
        AT&T pulled Equifax for me too. I think clearly they are not bk negative, but I do believe that they look at the score and DTI, etc, and I think they will be easier on current customers with a payment history with them.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I'm trying to switch from Verizon to ATT for the iPhone, but they want a $150 deposit (verizon wanted nothing when I upgraded 30 days ago.) I might bite the bullet because I don't know if I'll be able to get one w/o a huge deposit after BK.

Comment

I really like my iPhone
            Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
            "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

I have 2 iPhones on my account (converted from Blackberry and Razr V3). Will probably get 1 more. I haven't been charged a deposit or activation! One of the iPhones doesn't even have a contract!!! (Don't ask how I did the contract thing, it's too complex)
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I was discharged recently and T-Mobile has REALLY gone down the tubes. I've had it. However, I finally got up the nerve to try with AT&T online this evening for 3 lines (my wife, stepdaughter and I) and the order was promptly "cancelled" with a message of either they couldn't verify info or I was trying to transfer to many #'s online.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with our probably terrible credit right now. I was told to call their ordering department in the morning. I'll post back what happens.

Aggrivating, but small price to pay for discharging an obscene amount of debt I guess. Trying not to feel like a total loser.
                Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                341 Meeting 09/09/09
                Discharged 11/12/09
                Closed 12/14/09

Comment

UPDATE:

False alarm.

Called customer service in the morning and found out my problem had to do with transferring a number that didn't want to work. They told me "there's absolutely nothing wrong with your credit". FANTASTIC!!!

New iPhone on its' way now...and I thought this was going to be my first rejection experience post-BK.
                  341 Meeting 09/09/09
                  Discharged 11/12/09
                  Closed 12/14/09

Comment

iWelcome to the iClub!

Comment

Thanks justbroke!! Life goes on.....better than before.
                      341 Meeting 09/09/09
                      Discharged 11/12/09
                      Closed 12/14/09

Comment

I should write an App that lets one check PACER on the go... hmmm...

Comment

Oh no!!!!! Don't do it justbroke! We're all way to paranoid and OCD as it is!!!!
                          341 Meeting 09/09/09
                          Discharged 11/12/09
                          Closed 12/14/09

Comment

How about an iPhone App that will check your case summary screen (no charge!) to se if the "Date of last filing" changed? That way, no charge and it only tells you something was updated.

Comment

Ok, I can see that! Plus it's more important for you Ch13ers. Hats off to you. I don't know how you do that program!!
                              341 Meeting 09/09/09
                              Discharged 11/12/09
                              Closed 12/14/09

Comment

I'd like an app that helps keep track of the paperwork, etc.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X