top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with security clearance problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with security clearance problems?

I am wondering if my BK will have an inpact on high security positions? As in top security/ secret clearance etc? with some many people now filing, I wonder if the govermental job markets are taking a diffferent view on bankruptcy, anyone?

I do not know from personal experience, but my understanding is that bankruptcy CAN have an impact on security clearances. You may need to do some checking into this to find out for sure.
    Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
    Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
    If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

I used to have one when I was in the service and that was one thing that would have jeopardized it. However, I head a story on NPR about how recruiters are having trouble getting people to sign up in the service and they are lower requirement to get in. I.E .. No diploma. prior drunk driving etc.. So, they might be a little lenient?

Comment

My husband had high security clearance for one of his positions when he was doing high level contract work here in the US (he also traveled overseas). Although he did not need the clearance anymore, it would have been good for him to renew it when it expired (they all have expiration dates) for possible future use. Upon its expiration a few years back, he could not renew it due to the Chapter 13 on his records.

Regular government jobs not requiring high security clearance might be a different issue and be less restrictive as to credit situations.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I needed to get security clearance as a Governmnet employee and my BK was brought up. I had to meet with an investigator give reasons why, etc. I got the clearance but my understanding is I could not get a top secret clearance.
          Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
          341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

I've work a recruiter for a company whose main client is the Government. Our FSO says that a person can be denied a clearance due to a number of things- Like Bankruptcy, DWI, DUI, Criminal record and so on and so on. The Process to get an internim can take up to 3 months- Depending on the information on the SF 86 that you would fill out. Typically you will not be able to get a TOP Secret or higher clearance if you have had or are having Financial trouble. Getting a Secret clearance after you filed bankruptcy or during bankruptcy can depend on the reasons why you filed, and/or the investigator, and other things that come into play with your background.
            March 18,2008- Discharged
            Before discharge (Feb 2008)TU: 520; Exp: 504: Equ: 497
            After discharge:March 2009:TU: 630 Exp: 605: Equ: 651

Comment

Yes, it's an issue with obtaining, or keeping the higher clearances. My wife lost her Q and was transferred into another position because of her CH13.

Comment

thanks for the responses. I hope this will not affect me as it was due to a death conseqently giving me a property I could NOT dispose of in this bad economy. It was either I or the BK. I have a perfect record other wise, as far as work, and personal ethics etc, Soon that TOP Security interview will be at my door step. Lord help me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X