JCPenney Credit Card-Easy to Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCPenney Credit Card-Easy to Get?

I had a JCPenney card for eight years prior to bankruptcy. Closed the account one year before my chapter 7 filing. My bankruptcy has been discharged for over two years.

My question is. Has anyone filed bankruptcy and been approved for a JCPenney account after your discharge?

I was turned down by Penney's for a credit card over a year ago.

I applied for a Penney's card on Saturday online and I didn't get an instant yes or no. "7-10" type of response.

Please share your experience.

Someone told me with JCP they usually don't allow you get a card with them until about 4 years after BK at least and may be longer depending if they were included in the BK. Some places are toooo picky! But I'm glad to be rid of my JCP they charge too much interest.
    Filed 12/31/07
    Discharged 04/21/08

Comment

My first card after discharge was JC Penney. It is a GE money bank card I have 3 cards with GE Dillards, Walmart and JC Penney they seem to be very bk friendly
      Last edited by wayne-o; 07-22-2008, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Jcp

Originally posted by wayne-o View Post
        My first card after discharge was JC Penney. It is a GE money bank card I have 3 cards with GE Dillards, Walmart and JC Penney they seem to be very bk friendly
        Hi Wayne,,I heard that JCP or that GE Moneybank was easy to get. But I think if you haven't filed bankruptcy on GE Monogram before they will give a seconds chance.

In my chapter 7 bankruptcy (2005). I filed a Sam's Club card and an ExxonMobil card. All are held by GE Moneybank or at the time Monogram.

Anyways, I think they are still bitter. Because I have not been approved from one card from these people. Failed attempts include QVC, HSN, and JCP (2x's). I've applied once a year and been shot out of the door.

Comment

JCPenney is through GE Money Bank. If you included GE Money Bank in your filing or it was associated with any account in your filing, you more than likely will not get approved if you apply for a JCPenney Card.

BK friendly charge cards are Old Navy, Target, Walmart, Boscovs and maybe someone else can toss some others in that may not be national chains. Any card associated with any lender that you may have included in your BK may be tough to get again or to obtain a card with anything associated with that bank. You really don't know until you try. If you get denied, abandon the effort for several years until the BK is off your credit reports.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Thanks Flamingo

Thanks for your wise advise. Your cat in the picture is cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
              JCPenney is through GE Money Bank. If you included GE Money Bank in your filing or it was associated with any account in your filing, you more than likely will not get approved if you apply for a JCPenney Card.

BK friendly charge cards are Old Navy, Target, Walmart, Boscovs and maybe someone else can toss some others in that may not be national chains. Any card associated with any lender that you may have included in your BK may be tough to get again or to obtain a card with anything associated with that bank. You really don't know until you try. If you get denied, abandon the effort for several years until the BK is off your credit reports.
              Isnt Walmart through GE Money?
              pa308 (equifax fico 6-21 471) 594 on 3-09 671 7-09
              filed ch7 6-12
              341 7-25
              Discharged and closed 9-24

Comment

Originally posted by pa308 View Post
                Isnt Walmart through GE Money?
                Don't know - don't have a Walmart card but others in here have posted they have one...does anyone else know?

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                  Don't know - don't have a Walmart card but others in here have posted they have one...does anyone else know?
                  I dont think it is ..

I had one before our BK and dont remember it being through them...but I could be wrong.
                  Filed CH 13: 3/5/04
                  First Mtg: 3/31/04
                  Confirmed: 11/4/04
                  I'M DONE !!

Comment

my walmart card is through ge money bank

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X